Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spider

Hi,
    I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on what spider i should get next, i am a relative novice to tarantula keeping, i already have a b. smithi, im after something thats a bit more of a challenge to keep but still has a fairly good temperement and is not too aggressive!

Cheers Jon

Cool forum by the way!

Hi Jon,
    The spider world is your oyster!
    Would you actually like something a bit more defensive, or are you more than happy to have another docile tarantula?
    What about colour? Do you like greens, reds, oranges, blues? Stripes perhaps?
    Have you considered an arboreal tarantula? Avicularia are for the most part docile, with gorgeous colouration, particularly on A.avicularia and A.versicolor.

Comment

As leon said an avicularia sp would be a good choice,or you could also try L parahybana,nice and big doesnt need much humidity or attention and is quite aggressive,
      Cheers
      Brendan

Comment

Cheers!
        The L Parahybana sounds good just been looking on a few sites at care sheets etc, they look like they grow to be monsters! The A versicolor is tempting too, its one of the most beautiful spiders ive seen...i may end up getting them both!!

Does anybody know of a good supplier online or not, most local pet shops near me just sell the usual g. roseas etc

Ta Jon

Comment

Hi Jon, what area are you in, I may be able to help out with a good local supplier for you, tend to know what's around!
          www.serpents-web.co.uk a work in progress.

Now offering the full range of MicroClimate products and also the full range of Java wood Decor.

Have you joined the BTS yet? If not why not? See the E-store to join online now

What is understood does not need to be discussed!

Comment

Im in York, don't mind travelling though, but not too far!!!!

Comment

forgot to login so i came up as guest. DOH!

Comment

new spider

hi,a good shop for some spiders(tho mostly reptiles) is Coast to Coast in Darlington.Or you could travel to Newark on Sunday for the spider show at the Grove Leisure Centre,bound to be some bargains there!

Comment

Ive just purchased an a. avicularia s/ling, i've heard they are hard to raise to adults, has anybody had any experience of these or have any tips for me as this is my 1st s/ling

Ta Jon

Comment

Hi JonB,My advice would be not to keep the sling with humidity But to keep it with plenty of ventilation,just the odd droplet of water on the sides of the pot every so often,Keep feeding it until it will eat no more an then just let it molt and repeat the process everytime until you have a nice sized spider!But always remember to keep plenty of ventilation at all times through out its life!
                    Hope this helps
                    Cheers
                    Brendan

Comment

Thanks

Jon

Comment

Working...
                      X