HAPLOPELMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPLOPELMA

Hi all, nice new forum, i have been thinking this for some time but never get round to asking, right... if you look at most peoples colllections they normaly have some Haplopelma spec in them, but why are so few males ever available? or slings? thanks paul

I think a most Haplopelma are still wild-caught. All the time wild spiders are cheaply available, then people will lack the urge to breed (generally speaking)
    I would guess that a large number of spiderlings come from gravid WC females, which would explain the lack of adult or sub-adult males.
    I can get as many adult female H.schmidti as I need, but a male? Not so simple to come by, and the only slings I've seen recently were those bred by Verdez I think.

Comment

I believe Haplopelma Lividum is bred quite readily in captivity,but as leon said all the other Haplopelmas are more likely wild caught,and i think most of these go to america and mainland europe thats why you dont see many for sale here in britain!
      Cheers
      Brendan

Comment

Haplopelma

One of the reasons why Haplopelma dont seem to be bred often in captivity is that as some one pointed out that when gravid females are bought in from the wild and give birth the males mature very quickly and then are short lived in comparrison to South American species. Its a case of being in the right place at the right time. Never the less This year we have seen H.lividum bred a few times ( Carl Prtman etc.) and H.minax has appeared on the market. Whilst Haplopelma are not particularly difficult to breed the males are dfficult to find. Another reason may be that with the confusion regarding the Haploplema genus there is a hesitance to pair what may be different species. Its all very confusing but I am confident that within the next year we will see an influx of spiderlings of most Haplopelma

Comment

Re: Haplopelma

Originally posted by Ray Hale
          Another reason may be that with the confusion regarding the Haploplema genus there is a hesitance to pair what may be different species. Its all very confusing
          Exactly

minax/sp."longipedum"/sp."Vietnam species"

costale/robustum

And so on

Comment

Working...
          X