T Viv Plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T Viv Plants

Just A Quick Hi, and hopefully a quick question as i have the tendancy to ramble. Anyway, was just wondering if anyone can surgest any plants i could use in my t vivs and even better where i can get some from! I know plastic plants would probably be more practical but id prefer some live ones! Cheers Bentrix

There are many plants you can take. What kind of viv do you have???
    Member of:

Vogelspinne e. V.
    Deutsche Arachnologische Gesellschaft e. V.
    Terraristik4U

Comment

T Viv Plants

All of My Tanks Are Terrestrial Tanks So Im Looking For Something Small! And also something that aint gonna hurt my t's (Cactus, thorny plants ect, ect,) Bentrix

Comment

I tired using various plants in the past but found they either died or got eaten by the crickets or locust's I feed to my tarantulas. The ones that lasted the longest were the thorn less cactus type plants (I think they are called succulents).

Best off using plastic plants or nothing at all...

Comment

Plastic Plants

See I Know There Are Great Plastic Plants Arround But They Always Seem Really Fake Looking, Thats Why I Was looking for some real ones! Any Other Ideas For Decorating Vivs as mine look a lil too basic.Bentrix

Comment

Hi,

I use small Bromeliads with my Avicularia sp, to help keep the air humidity stable,

Comment

Humidity

That Was My Plan To Be Honest Aswell As Making My Vivs Look Better I Was Looking For A Lil Something To Up The Humidity! Any Ideas Where I Could Get These Plants From.
              I Have Tried Moss But It Always Looks Really Dead, U Know Like Its Not Surposed To Be There. My Friend Uses Plants And His Just Tend To Fall Into His Vivs, But He Got Them From The BTS Show And Id Rather Get Some Now And Save My Show Money For Spiders!
              Bentrix

Comment

The problem with plants is that they need a lot of light, which spiders don't tend to like. Ferns may work as they are a floor dwelling forest plant so don't need as mich light but if your Ts are large the plants would probably get crushed.

Comment

Hi ray,

I use small Bromeliads with my Avicularia sp, to help keep the air humidity stable
                  Can you post a picture of the plants you use,and also other people whouse live plants!
                  Cheers
                  Brendan

Comment

Hi,

I have not yet worked out how to post pics on here yet, will do when i work it out.

Ray

Comment

Ray...
                      Use the "img" button when you compose a new message or a reply. Upload your picture to the net, and then use the URL...

- Jeni

Comment

Working...
                      X