Beginners Query about T slings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginners Query about T slings

I am about to start keeping a tarantula and I've already made up my mind that it is gonna be a female T spiderling. What would you recommend as an ideal beginners species?
    With that in mind, and the fact the species will be a sling, what type of housing would be appropriate for it?I am located in Britain, I have no access to Wal-marts, please keep that in mind also. ^_^

Thanks very much, I'll post back as required.

^_^

Hi

There are loads of good beginner tarantulas but the most popular ones tend to be G.rosea (Chilean Rose Hair) or B.Smithi (Mexican Redknee). Both are fairly docile and are really easy to keep. As for getting a female spiderling that would be very hard - near on impossible to do unfortunately on such a small specimen.

Spiderling can be kept in small plastic containers; I keep mine in small food storage pots I got from ASDA (cost around £1.50 for 10 small tubs) as shown below…

Remember to make some small air holes in the lid – not too big though as you will be surprised how easy a spiderling can squeeze though a small looking hole!!

Comment

So, what would be the life expectancy of a male of the 2 species just mentioned?

Comment

Hi guys
        I have not long started in the hobby, I've got a B. smithi (Mexican red knee), and she's lovely about 4yr old S.A. she is fairly docile but I wouldn't push her cause she starts to flick her hairs at me. I keep T'rs like I keep my fish to look at and enjoy. But you can pick up a sub adult for a reasonable price, then you will be able to have the sex you want.
        color=red]
        [/color]

Comment

Working...
        X