Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chilean Rose Sling accomodation: What would YOU recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilean Rose Sling accomodation: What would YOU recommend?

Am about to purchase a Chilean Rose Spiderling as soon as I have its accomodation sorted:

I'm going to buy a fairly medium/large size, so I can approximate its gender, hopefully- Any thoughts?

I was thinking of a vivarium 25cm(?)X15cmX15cm, is that fine for a medium/large sized spiderling? (I'm hoping it'll "grow into it". If so, how long could i keep using a vivarium of that size?

Please correct me if i'm wrong:

Humidity: 50%-70%..............Temperature: 70oC-80oC

What substrate is most preferred for this species?
    Is all this OK for a SPIDERLING of Chilean Rose species?

Thank you for ur help.

I'm guessing you’re going to get a juvenile and not a spiderling?

A Juvenile / sub adult should be fine in that size tank but you may need a slightly larger tank for an adult sized G.rosea.

As for substrate I have 4 G.rosea adults and find that they are not fussy about substrate (I’ve used peat, vermiculite, orchid bark and others). I find they like the substrate quite dry but if you get a small spiderling then I would personally use slightly damp peat.

Your temps and humidity are fine…

As for gender it depends where you buy it, a pet shop then normally it’s just pot luck - but if you buy it from an experienced breeder then the chances of getting a female would be a lot better.

Good to see someone actually taking the time to find out how to keep tarantulas instead of just going out and buying one with no idea..

Comment

Check this out for housing
      Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
      Cheers
      Brendan

Comment

Thanks you guys.

However, were I to get a spiderling, would it still be fine to keep it in the 25cmX15cmX15cm tank?

Comment

That should be ok,dont put to many decorations in with it until it gets a bit bigger just so you make it easier for the spider to find its food
          Cheers
          Brendan

Comment

Working...
          X