BTS Lectures Rocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS Lectures Rocked

Just got back from a huge train ride all the way back from bristol to cradley. Sorry Dave and myself couldnt stay for the meal and had to leave so quickly after the lectures but this was due to having to catch the train!
    However we would both like to thank kim for organising the whole thing!
    Also would like to thank ray for the presentation of all the faces me and dave have struggled to put names to over the last 4 years we have been to the BTS show!
    Richards talk on Taxonomy was great and explained a very cloudy area for me when it comes to the hobby!
    Although i dont own any arboreal spiders the presentation by Peter Kirk will probably have me running round the show in may looking for a avic or pokie.
    Oh and andrews talk brought to life the idea of a sanctuary which hopefully will go ahead as i think people are all too happy to protect big 'cuddly' mammals but often overlook inverts!
    Nobody can conduct a presentation with such a distaste of new technology and as little as a old slide projector and a plastic bottle aswell as andrew smith! lol
    Joking aside it made for a great day and we would like to give a big thanks to everyone who worked on the lectures, that also includes those ive missed out above!
    We look forward to catching u all in may at the show and hopefully seeing you all nxt year at the lectures!

Cheers again!

Ben and Dave

(The 2 dodgy looking guys found proping up the bar, or lurking at the back of the lectures)

P.S. where did all the pastries go? lol!

Re: BTS Lectures Rocked

Well said. Both myself and Leon enjoyed all of the lectures immensely. I was doubley happy to find that 2 of the lectures were centred on arboreals, particularly Andrew Smith's, which was absolutely fascinating Richard Gallon's intro to taxonomy really got me itching to try it out for myself, and I will be making a concerted effort to get more into the taxonimical side of things. As for Ray's talk... well... he's sure convinced me out of ever wanting to be a member of the BTS committe

I also really enjoyed the social aspect. It's always nice meeting new people who are in the hobby, and getting to put some faces to names. Looking forward to the show and next year's lectures already

Originally posted by Bentrix
    I think Leon ate them all

Comment

BTs Lectures Rocked

Thanks for the comments. We too really enjoyed the lectures. It was great to see so many people this year. Old and new faces attended and everyone we spoke to seemed to enjoy the day, even my lecture. Thanks to Kim and Mark for putting so much effort in to make everyone welcome. We look forward to seeing you all next year and hopefully at the BTS Exhibition in May.

Ray and Angela
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Hi everyone

We are still recovering after only having a few hours sleep

Mark and I would like to thank everyone who attended and supported the Lectures and Dinner. Especially Ray Hale (I will get you back!!!!), Richard Gallon, Peter Kirk and of course our quient essential chairman (4.00am joke), Andrew Smith, the lectures would not have taken place if you had not shared your knowedge and experiences with us.

I would also like to thank those who travelled not only the long distances in the UK, but also those who came from deepest darkest Euro Land. I hope you will spread the word of our little event and will desend on us in droves in 2005.

I also agree with Ben, Dave and Kate, putting faces to names, this is what this event is all about being able to give you the members a chance to see who and what we are all about and have a good chat.

We already have a few ideas and promises of lectures from a few of our members. So watch this space for more details!!!!

Once again I would like to thank YOU the attendees of the lectures as this event would not have taken place without you, we have doubled in size with only 21 at last years lectures, this year was 42, so here is to 2005 where I hope and know it will bigger and better. See you all at the BTS Expo on 16th May 2004.

A few pics of the evening dinner.

Regards

Kim

I think Leon ate them all
        Mark and I never had any at all... The rumour is Richard Gallon ate them all.

------------------------------------------------------
        Earth Tiger Tour & Tattooing
        Guided trips to Borneo and beyond
        Forget the rest travel with the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
          Funny, I'm looking right at the camera in that pic, but don't remember it being taken!

Originally posted by Kim
          Mark and I never had any at all... The rumour is Richard Gallon ate them all.
          Yep, that FAT SOD Gallon scoffed the lot, or so I heard

Had a thoroughly enjoyable time, I'm only sorry I couldn't stay longer - next time I shall definitely make a weekend of it.
          It was great to see some familiar faces as well as meet some new ones. Well done and thanks to all those involved

Comment

Hello,

Just to say a big thank you to all involved in the lectures. Esp Kim for all her hard work.

Looking forward to next year.

Andy.

BTW, the rumour is true. It was sick boy that ate all the cakes!!!!!!!!

Comment

Who at all the pies? ...

Who ate all the pies? ...

Me thin ba$tad! ...

Me thin ba$tad! ...

I ATE ALL THE PIES

You can have them back if you like . Just send an SAE with a zip-lock plastic bag.
              Sick Boy.

^
              ^
              -O-

Comment

I just wanted to say how great a time we had at the lectures.Meeting everybody and talking about our strange but fun hobby and putting faces to names.Chris and I very much injoyed the talks that were given and found then very informataive,intresting and funny all at the same time ( How Ray Hale is going to get away without being pelted with bad tomatoes at the next committie meeting is beyond me ).
                The dinner was top noch ,although the table conversations were,at least on our table to a desired tast what with Peter Kirk´s tounge twisting antics and some bloke called Paul explaining the art of manual artifical trout ensemanation.enough said on that I think .
                I belive that a few of you had a bit of a shock that night ,Mr Gabriel,Mr Hale and I hear Mr Ezendam! My husband would like to point out that he had no choice in handing you that pen, as he was told to do so by the owner (Peter Kirk) and being the weak minded sole that he is could not refuse him! :P
                We both would like to say a special thankyou to Mark and Kim who not only may the event possible but also let us stay at their house for the duration of the weekend.You can now have your floor back!
                All in all the weekend was well worth the drive from Germany and we hope to be there again for the next one (If Chris´s eyes stop bleeding by then).
                All the best to all
                Bo & Chris

P.S @ Richard Gallon .So thats where our muffins went!

Comment

Hi all, i aslo would like to say thank you to the BTS for a excellent day and dinner, it was great to catch up with everyone and also to have a good pre-borneo chat with mark,dean,chris and bo, OH YEAH and some bloke called paul, shame on you bo!!! i might tell chriss you kept feelin my bum now lol, (only joking) wait till i speak to you tomorow. once again thanks to everyone onvolved, paul

Comment

I think i have recovered from the lectures now, a big thanks to Kim for the organisation etc.

Same next year please.

Ray N Lesley ( "i wont go to the lectures i will try to borrow someones room and do some work"..............Yea right she really enjoyed the lot, the work got done on Monday)

Comment

Working...
                    X