Spiders and scorpions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiders and scorpions

I have a 10 gallon tank and an adult Chilean rose who isn't exactly a roamer. I realized the tank was too big for her, and since I wanted an Emperor scorpion, I figured I'd keep them in the same tank. I know, though, that they'll kill each other, so I was looking around different pet stores for a divider for the tank. The only ones I found were for aquariums, pieces of clear, flexible plastic full of holes. Would this work for dividing the tank, or would one of them knock it down/get stressed out from seeing each other?

the holes might present a problem, as this would provide grip, so that they could stick their legs through it and climb.

if you could get the same thing without the holes, this would be perfect, provided that it goes down to the bottom of the substrate, as emperors love to burrow.

if you keep the emperor really well fed it shouldnt be able to climb, ive never kept a tarantula so i cant comment on their point of view.

i tryed to separate a juvenile forest scorpion and an emperor in this fashion once, and one managed to climb the plastic wall which i put in place, luckily they got along fine, and are now in a communal set up.

good luck

Comment

Thanks, I'll try to find one

Comment

I'd recommend something that fits flush with the top (lid), bottom and sides of the tank, allowing no gaps for animals to squeeze through. To that end the simplest thing I can think of is to get a small sheet of acrylic, cut to size, and stuck in with silicon aquarium sealant (taking precautions with the sealant, of course).

Clear or opaque shouldn't make much difference, IMHO. I don't think there's too much danger of your animals seeing eachother.

Comment

Working...
        X