X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Haplopelmas and possible help with ID

My new T's came today

H minax

This is the Ornithocthoctonus huwena / H schmidti ID still to be confermed any ideas guys

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Could i ask where u got those spiders from. That H.minax looks lovely. Is she big.?

Comment

Originally posted by Poecilotheria
      Could i ask where u got those spiders from. That H.minax looks lovely. Is she big.?
      it's about 5 inches or something like that I havent messured her but at a quick glance thats my guess

I got them from

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

Re: New Haplopelmas and possible help with ID

Hi,

Originally posted by G Wright

This is the Ornithocthoctonus huwena / H schmidti ID still to be confermed any ideas guys
        do you have a photo of the retrolateral side (= outside) of the chelicera and maybe also a close up of the femur of leg one, also retrolateral?

all the best,
        Martin
        »ARACHNE« – The Journal of the German Arachnology Society

Comment

Hi,

the Specimen which is named "Ornithoctonus huwena" is very interesting, because this is highly likely not an "Orn. huwena/Hapl. schmidti". Here you can see a real "Orn. huwena"/Haplopelma schmidti :

Please note the very distinct white hairs above the cheliceral Scopula (between Chelicerae and Femur of Palp). This is not there in your Specimen. Furthermore, Haplopelma schmidti is a Species with very stout and strong Legs. The Specimen which is shown above, has distinct smaller Legs IV than Leg I. I've received some pictures from Bugs Direct UK before some Weeks ago, after they've imported these asian Theraphosidae. They wanted me to identify the tarantulas. I've told them that it is very difficult to give a diagnosis only from pictures and I've pleased them to send me some dead Material for identification. I've made the mistake that I gave them my assumptions to the Species affiliation (based on the pictures) and they used my tentative identifications Names on their Homepage to sell this Spiders. BTW, I've only told them, that the above shown Species COULD BE an Ornithoctonus, but I've never mentioned the name "huwena"! Since this Mails I had never heard anything from them! Not a "Thank you" nor anything else! Curious!
          I would be very pleased, Mr. Wright, if you would send me the Exuviae of your Specimen for a correct identification,after it has moulted!

Cheers, Volker
          --------------------------------------
          The only relationship you can have with a tarantula is a deep intellectual one! - Jim Friedman -

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Volker von Wirth

Please note the very distinct white hairs above the cheliceral Scopula (between Chelicerae and Femur of Palp).
            close up:

more photos of this "beard": >>click here<<

all the best,
            Martin
            »ARACHNE« – The Journal of the German Arachnology Society

Comment

Working...
            X