breeding Blondi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breeding Blondi

I have a fresh molted adult male and my adult female is due to molt in the next week or so.I would like any form of advice from breeders who have had success with Blondi and also anything to avoid. I have read that they are normally good breeders is this true with "your" experiance ?
    Thanks in advance.

I was hopeing that someone with abit more experince in breeding would have answerd but as it is I will tell of my experince in trying to breed the sp.

In my case I found that the first contact between the male and female it looked to be abit aggressive as both sexes reard up and started to hiss at each other. This only lasted a couple of seconds however so I put this down to a "getting to know you" kind of courtship. The mating took about 2 minutes during which the male kept on hissing (Maybe this calms the female in some way?),after which he back off slowly with the female staying in a kind of half threat possition.
    The same kind of thing happend on all 3 occasions when I mated them.All in all I would say that mateing T.blondi is quite a gentle affair even though it may at first look to be abit aggressive.
    As yet I have had no eggsac produced from my female which was mated last in September but I do hear that this sp. can take a while to produce one!
    I also hear alot that the eggsacs from T.blondi do have a tendercy to rot or go bad in some way maybe due to high humidity conditions to which many keepers keep them, so with this in mind it may be a good idea to try and incourage the female to lay an eggsac in a dryer part of the terrarium.You can do this by keeping one side moist and the other side where her "burrow" is more on the dry side.(I belive that Ray Gabriel wrote an artical about this for the BTS journal so if you have a copy or can get one you may find this of use).
    Anyway I hope this has helped some what and the best of luck with mateing your T.blondis.

Comment

Breeding Blondi

Thanks for the info, I will keep it in mind may be 1 or 2 more users will submit there findings.

Comment

Working...
      X