IKLP and escapees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IKLP and escapees

After watering my friends tarantula collection (Daves in florida for 2 weeks, the lucky sod! ) and tending to mine ive discovered that i suffer from a thing i like to call IKLP
    IKLP or Invertebrate Keeper Lid Paranoia is apparent in 2 seperate ways:-

1. Double, triple and checking over and over that the lids of your pets are securly fitted everytime you feed, water or mess with the tanks at all.

2. Placing heavy objects ontop of lids to make sure the invert cant lift the lid.

I suffer from the first symptom all the time even ring my parents, while im at work to double check the lids even when im like 99.99% sure ive shut the tanks right. The second one i really only suffer from when i have new pet or a new tank and it only last a few weeks when i eventually reolise that my new g.rosea spiderling doesnt wanna let alone try to move the heavy glass lid, and the piles of books and other heavy stuff really dont need to be there! LOL

So is it just me going mad or do other people suffer IKLP?
    Also i was wondering if anybody has had any unique experiences with escapes? im lucky ive on only had 2 and both were easily found, one on the top shelf of where i keep my tarantulas and the other sitting happily above me on the ceiling while i slept LOL.

Bentrix

IKLP

I've just bought my first tarantula, a young Poecilotheria Regalis (Indian Ornamental) and am suffering from IKLP right now.

I Have a Haynes manual sat on top of the tank and yet I'm still convinced its going to find the strength to escape.

I only bought the spider today and am confident that my IKLP will slowly dissapear.

Comment

I dont suffer from IKLP but I did suffer in the first couple of weeks from I.T.W.C.I.T.R.W.I.K.M.F.R.A.P ?-Is The Widow Closed In The Room Where I Keep My Free Range Avic Paranoia !
      I dont suffer from this any more as she has now settled down in a cheese plant and hardly moves from her spot,and when she does sometimes go for a short wander she always returns to the safty of her lair .

Comment

Sounds like I need a dose of IKLP

Currently at large is a female P.chordatus.

It's in here....somewhere.....

Comment

S&M

I dont have to worry about my T's going AWOL. Being a fan of S&M I have kitted them all out with tiny rubber gimp suits, hoods and 4 sets of mini chain linked handcuffs each. They are all happily restrained in their little cages and enjoy a twice weekly whipping
          Don't tell the elf!

Comment

Re: S&M spiders

Originally posted by ComedyDroid
            I dont have to worry about my T's going AWOL. Being a fan of S&M I have kitted them all out with tiny rubber gimp suits, hoods and 4 sets of mini chain linked handcuffs each. They are all happily restrained in their little cages and enjoy a twice weekly whipping
            Now why didnt i think of that! hehehehe I think the main reason i suffer from IKLP cause all my tarantulas are in my bedroom which everybody will tell you isnt exactly tidy. If one did get out id struggle to find one even with the bondage chains rattling! lol

Bentrix

Comment

I dont worry about spiders getting out as sooner or later like most spiders in my house they will turn up in the bath.
              Both of my Avic. V. have been for a wonder this week after getting out, stupid crickets chewing holes through the mesh covering the tops of the AV's containers.

Comment

Working...
              X