Megaphobema mating advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megaphobema mating advice needed.

Hello guys! I currently have a 3 year old CB megaphobema robustum female and recently bought a male of the same species which i would very much like to mate with the female. I have been told that these spiders are not particuarly aggressive when it comes to mating but does anyone here have any experience with this species or can give me any tips because i dont want to mess this one up. Thanks in advance.

I have recently paired two females of M. robustum and was quite surprised at how calm they were when mating. Usually, these are very nervous spiders and will readily kick hair without provocation but when it came to mating, it was text book.
    The male didn't show any fear towards the female and she was equally passive. Both females parted without problems so hopefully your attempt will turn out the same. I could use the male if he survives BTW, as one of the females has moulted this week
    Guy...
    www.giantspiders.com

Comment

Hi,

mating is extremely straighforward, 03 was my first year of trying to breed my females. I kept the couples together for 2 weeks or so. No problems at all. the male died of old age.

I flooded the vivariums (2 months ago) to see if anything would happen. Last week one of my females constructed an eggsack, don't know if this was luck or the flodding was the trigger. Hopefully the other females will produce eggsacks also. The biggest trick seems to be getting fertile eggsacks from them, ofen the eggsacks seems to be infertile. I keep my fingers crossed.

Regards,
      Alex

Comment

Working...
      X