Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my spider dead!

Ok, first up im a total newbie at this.

Today i bought a young P. Regalis, he moved about a bit in the car on the way home but has since remained totally still 4 6 hours inside a shell.

I believe all the conditions are correct, he has been at a constant 25 degrees celcius.

As i am new to this i havnt yet aquired the balls to give him a poke. So to speak.

Please tell me if they normally do this!

(also ther is 2 crickets in ther with him)

I shouldn´t worry too much,it sounds as if your tarantula is just trying to hide/get away from any danger from the new dissturbance it feels! Once it has settled down in its new terrarium you should find that it will come out more.
    I find that most tarantulas will hide themselfs away for many reasons some of which are-
    -Too much light
    -About to moult
    -Lay an eggsac
    -If dissturbed while cleaning the terri out etc.
    You will most likely know if your tarantula is dead, because you will find it curled up one day with all its leggs tucked under its body,and not moveing at all no matter what you do!
    Hope this helps abit.

Comment

thanks for the reply although i havnt actually touched he spider i have rocked the shell it's sitting in wiht no result. I've moved it out of the light a bit and am maiking it a few degrees warmed with use of a hot air blower. I'll let you know how it goes!

Comment

What do ya know..

It's ok, it's moved, altho where to i have no idea!

Comment

P.regalis for a first tarantula? brave man

Comment

Working...
          X