Happy/Angry Man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy/Angry Man!

I am as Im writeing this feeling the most happy but most anoyed (with my self) person you could ever meet!

Why you ask? Well let me tell you!
    For the last couple of days my female T.blondi has at long last ,after 8 months of being mated, been starting to spin a kind bowl shape web.This we were sure ment that she would soon lay an eggsac. Today at about 16:00hrs German time I went to see how much progress she had made ,and found myself stareing a most unbeliveable sight before me?
    She the T.blondi was standing faceing me with eggs droping from her abdomen.I have never seen this before in so much detail (except on a nature program) and could clearly see the eggs droping from her epigastric furrow ,one by one onto the silk and other eggs below.The eggs came out in an oblong kind of shape and as they touched the rest they formed into there normal spherical shape.I estimate that there were around 80-100 eggs which measure about 4-5mm.I was truly amazed at how much her abdomen shrank ,going from as big as an egg to amore of a wallnut size (I say wallnut because her abdomen is also now quite rinklely).Towards the end of her egg laying the eggs were coming much more slowly, and it looked like the tarantula was really trying to push the last ones out!Once out however she continued to stand over the eggs for about 5 minutes with fluid driping from her epigastric furrow,but after this brief pause she began to lay silk over the top of her eggs sealing them up and is at this moment starting to make them into a ball like cocoon!

So why am I so angry with myself ?I mean I should be well pleased?............Well when I saw all this happening my first thought was to grab my camera and take a few shots of the eggs droping out of her body.........But on retrieving my camera I found to my great dissapointment I had no film left and because the nearist shop that sales camera film is 10 minutes away(even if I ran) I knew that I would miss the whole show if I went out to buy a new one

So what have I learned from all this?Well let me tell you!...........
    If you have a camera always make sure you have film in the house especially if you think something is going to hapend with one of your tarantulas!
    Never think to your self "Its ok.I´ll get my new film tomorrow theres no hurry!"
    And also ive learned its about time that I spent out on a digi camera but I still cant see me doing that for a little while yet!

So all in all it wasn´t a bad day but I now know the hard part comes......to get slings out of my eggsac! I´m going to have to leave that task to the mother aswell because I wont be able to keep an eye on them due to travel plans! Its bloody typical everything comes up at once

Most of you would have read this story on another well know web site,But I belive the more people who read it will bare in mind the camera points that I made and be able to take heed!

happy You, poor "we" that we can't see what u have seen
    hated by many
    loved by few
    feared by all

the birdeater

Comment

You have learned....

It's time to buy a digital camera!

Comment

Buy a digi cam you tight git :LOL

Hope U are well

Mr and Mrs shot8un