is ok for he/she ?
    Or it's to small to big ?

thanks in advance

Azez
    hated by many
    loved by few
    feared by all

the birdeater

Thats a bit big for a sling at this stage,use a film pot, or anything 1" in size all round!

Hope that helps
    Cheers
    Brendan
    Cheers
    Brendan

Comment

pot size

sounds fine to me. This species grows fast, so it'll soon grow into this pot. I personally wouldn't recomend film-pots, unless you're red-hot at cleaning prey remains up. Only time I use film pots is for 'dust-mite-sized' spiderlings I get from Ray Gabriel

Comment

i think its too fast for film pot .
        maybe a jar would be fine (not too high ofcourse)
        what ya think?
        hated by many
        loved by few
        feared by all

the birdeater

Comment

Hi Azez I have maintained 100's of A genics in film pots from postembryo aka nymph stage 1 up to in some cases third instar with out hindering ecdysis aka moulting. Substrate wise I used damp tissue for postembryo and damp Irish peat moss for spiderlings this allows A genic to burrow so unlike arboreals (pokies excluded as they tend to shoot down) you will find that at any disturbance your spiderling will retreat into its burrow rather than heading for the exit little TIP "while using micro film pots most spiderlings need a certain amount of light to flourish and I have found that spiderlings kept in total darkness will grow slower than there counter parts in the frosted pots". I agree with Richard regarding vigilance in cleaning as mites can thrive in micro film pots also spiderlings can suffocate if carrion is introduced and not removed a popular "power feeding method"., As Aviculariinae has mentioned spiders don't need a lot of room and if you keep your spiderling in an over large enclosure it will have trouble locating prey this could have a detrimental effect on growth and could possibly starve your spiderling to death. Judging by the size of your specimen I would use a little Tupperware pot ( as you can ventilate this better than glass + plastic does not smash when its dropped) of a suitable size just remember biggers not always better not even if the missus tells you lol esp. regarding theraposids aka tarantulas

Hope this helps..........
          http://www.speedsurf.to/mygalomorph/index.html

Comment

thx
            hated by many
            loved by few
            feared by all

the birdeater

Comment

Working...
            X