Brilliant show, well done to all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant show, well done to all

Just wanted to say that I had a great time at the show today, we spent quite a lot of money but got everything we were looking for, got to meet up with loads of people we have met online, just wanted to say thanks for a great day, c u all there next year

Tracy Messenger

Yeah Great Show

Me and dave loved the show spent 2 much money, and loved every second!!!

Comment

Hi
      Another excellent show indeed, Thanks to Ray H and all who organised it, a job well done :P I managed to increase my collection of Baboons
      already looking forward to next year
      regards
      phil
      www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

BTS Exhibition

Yeah - I think this one must have been extremely well attended

I managed to avoid buying any tarantulas at the show Hard - but it can be done (I'm on T-detox at the moment).

Great event Ray & Angela !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This was the 1st show I've been too since I started collecting T's last year

I had a really good time at the show and met loats of people.

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

What a brilliant show well done Ray, Angela and the rest of the committee, I had a great time spent all my money but hey what's money compared to the enjoyment of seeing so many different T's.

By the way Ray how many have joined your English Tarantula Society so far??

Comment

BTS SHOW 2004

We would like to say thank you to everyone who bought spiders or Carl's book at the show. Your custom and general banter is appreciated! It was our first show for several years and a storming one as well. Forget money, the BTS Exhibition stands out because of its friendliness, its commitment to the spider and its dedicated band of organisers and attendees.
              There was fantastic mix of enthusiasts, very young and one or too who can remember seeing Bill Hayley in concert.
              We know that Ray and Angela will be congratulated, as well they should. Also the committee and many other friends from home and abroad. Everyone knows Lee, the 'doorman' who worked like a demon. They all deserve our gratitude. But a show ain't a show without the crowd. May I steal a little of Ray and Angela's thunder by saying THANK YOU to everyone who visited and supported the event.
              SEE YOU ALL AGAIN NEXT YEAR - WE WILL ALL BE ON ZIMMER FRAMES SOON YOU KNOW!!!

Carl and Su Portman

Comment

Many thanks to Ray, Angie and Co for a great show, probably the best BTS i have ever been to.

It was really great meeting the people you only ever see in the chat rooms, and meeting the people you only ever see one day a year.

Same booking for me next year please Ray.

Ray Gabriel

Comment

It was my first ever attendance as I am very new to it all and it was certainly an eye opener. I was overwhelmed by the sheer quantity and variety of wildlife on display - both arachnid and homo sapien I never intended to buy any critters but I spent a lot of time peering into tubs and was elated to see species up close that I had only read about and seen pictures of (Pokies, Usumbara, C. crawshayi, T. blondi) I also enjoyed meeting in person and chatting with some of the BTS luminaries that I have come across on this forum. Special thanks to Su Portman for her husbandry advice and to Andrew Smith for his book critiques

Bravo to all for an excellent event and I look forward to next year.

Rgds
                  Angus Walker

ps - Thanks for moving your car Ray G so I could get out!
                  Don't tell the elf!

Comment

Wow

It was also my 1st BTS show and I must say I was astonished at the amount and range of Tarantulas and other things.

Thanks to Carl and Susan Portman who I got amazing looking B Smithi.

Also thanks to Ray Gabriel who I got two p regalis' from which I've been trying to get for quite a while now and who also saved me from a wrongly identified Ornata which was sold to me as a Regalis.

The friendliness of all the people at the show was great and it was also nice to meet people who have given me lots of advice (Leon & Kate).

All in all a great experience which I plan to repeat next year (apart from the ornata/regalis mix up)

Neil
                    There are 10 types of people who understand binary code. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

BTS Exhibition

Thank you for all of your kind words. We are so glad that you all seemed to enjoy the day. It was hard work but well worth the effort.

It is always a peasure to meet people who I talk to on line and put faces to your names. This year was no exception and there seemed to be so many new faces. Angela and myself had a great time even if I didnt get to look at any spiders much less buy any. (did I say buy?).....

The show was the biggest ever with record attendance and more traders than ever. It was busy all day and every one seemed happy....that is except the man who told me that it was "rip off" and that the entrance fee was disgusting just to "look at spiders". Still each to ther own. I saw his wife beleive me I would rather pay the £2.50.

We had a few problems but thanks to the dedication and committment of my excellent road crew they where dealt with painlessly. Lee, our doorman, did an excellent job ( Nice colour T-Shirt Lee!)

I have begun organising next years event already so start saving up for the next blue spider to appear. The competition was well supported, except the Childrens Artwork but I am sure we can rectify that.

So it remains for me to thank all those who attended the exhibition and thank personally all those "volunteers" who worked like Trojans to put the tables out and then away again at the end of a long day. Watching Peter Kirk throw tables across a balcony to Lee was an expereince.

The BTS EXhibition 2005 is on its way.................in the words of that other famous Brummy " I love you all but your all mad.

Ray and Angela
                      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
                      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
                      On
                      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Well done yet again Ray & Angela for the great day out. Thanks for letting us sell a few things on the BTS stall and giving us the pleasure of putting away the tables at the end of the day
                        The trip from Germany was well worth the effort even with Thomas & Eddy in the car and we hope to be there next year
                        All the best
                        Chris & Bo

Comment

It was my first visit to a BTS show but it certainly will not be my last . The organisers did a great job . The entrance fee was not overpriced (if it was i would have remembered that BTS members get a discount). The whole day was brilliant.
                          I would also like to thank Ray G for a great weekend decent hotel, Good food , Exelent company
                          Ian M

Brachypelma.co.uk updated 22/06/06

Comment

Who's who?

Hello me again. All this talk of 'putting faces to names' is all very well but I only really got to aquaint myself with the people in red shirts with name badges on cos it was obvious who they were! Now don't get me wrong, that was very nice but what about all the other regular forum contributors that were incognito amongst the throng like myself.

I'm a reasonably amiable bloke and can strike up a conversation without too much trouble but before long I got tired of nil responses from people when I asked them if they used this forum I know it sounds a bit sad and touchy feely but how much easier it would be to identify fellow forum sparing partners from the faceless masses if we all wore our monikers on a badge or something - maybe cause a giggle by getting a t-shirt printed up with your avatar printed on it - Wadya think
                            Don't tell the elf!

Comment

I was easy to spot - normally running about like an absolute lunatic from Haplopelma to Haplopelma jabbering excitedly non-stop
                              To anybody I talked at for too long - thanks for shutting up and listening, next time just tell me to sling me 'ook

Had a fantastic show and came home with something like 50 spiders, was fantastic to meet up with both old and new friends from home and abroad.

Can't thank Ray G enough for letting us abuse his hospitality over the weekend, and everyone involved with the organisation.
                              Oh and to Paul Carpenter...thanks for picking up my minax....whoops!

Comment

Working...
                              X