I WOULD LIKE IT TWICE A YEAR !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I WOULD LIKE IT TWICE A YEAR !

Having made the 85 mile trip to the BTS show on Sunday I was only able to stay for 1 hour due to family commitments before rushing buck along the M6. First of all I would like to say "Well done All" for yet another superb show, and now to my point, with the show being only once a year I have missed 2 of the last 5 shows due to work and as I have said only been able to spend 1 hour at this years show.As you can see from my 170 mile round trip for 1 hour of pleasure I am a true lover of Tarantula's but 2 shows a year, would this not be possible ?
    I can understand the work load involved in organisation of such a show but please think about it as I am sure there have been loads of others that due to "what ever reason" have missed out on a top class day.

Hi Tony
    Indeed it was a great show, but as for having it twice a year, I'm not sure that would be a good thing, for one it would double the work load for Ray and those invoved in organising such a successful event twice a year, I also think if it were twice a year it would devalue the show, once a year we all build up to it, where as if there were two it would be a case of it does not matter if i miss it, I'll go to the next one in six months which could only result in lower numbers at each show. Also if it's BTS events your interested in, don't forget the lectures in Feb, thats Two BTS events on the calender.
    regards
    phil
    www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

Cheers Phil thanks for that

As you know we have considered two exhibitions but the logistics of organising such an event is a nightmare. As many of you know we now live in Eastbourne and we make the 490 mile round trip at least three times a year to ensure everthing is running smoothly. Two exhibitions would certainly split the attendance, cost me a fortune in petro, probably kill me, and we would still have to pay for the hire twice.

I know its a pain having to wait and sometimes it is difficullt to get to the show on that day but we do give everyone twelve months notice ( 2005 .....22nd May). As Phil says try and get to the BTS Lectures, that's a great day and a real chance to socilaise with everyone.

So sorry Tony at the moment we will be sticking to an annual exhibition
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Working...
      X