hiding in burrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hiding in burrow

Hey. Im not too sure if any of you know too much about the australian genus Phlogiellus although this could be common among others. For the past few weeks, its been hiding in the burrow with the entrance 'webbed over'. I have been putting in the occasional cricket and after a few days they usually disappear. There is one in stuck in its web right now and it just sits in its burrow as if it hasnt seen it. Has any one else ever had their spiders do this?

Im using peat as a subsrate and it has dried out quite alot, but as far as i am aware, the humidity levels do not need to be too high (information on australian tarantulas is hard to find). Im in the process off trying to re-moisten it but its not too easy.

Does any one have any ideas aboput what the problem may be, could it be the humidity levels? or something else? Thank you for any help

regards Ash

Hi mate the best person to ask in my opinion is Steve Nunn regarding Australian sp you can contact him via his website or via his yahoo group
    spiders,tarantulas, bird eating spiders, theraphosid, theraphosids, trapdoor,scorpion,scorpions,enthusiast,australia,wildlife,zoology,natural science,arachnids,home,daily,dailylink,urodacus,yaschenkoi,desert,burrows,burrow,spiral,spiral burrow,scorpion chat,australian animals,outback australia,wasp,predator,queensland, rainforest,breeding,captive

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

hope this helps

Comment

Thanks Mate ill check it out.

Comment

Working...
      X