Got this throg email. Pet bann in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got this throg email. Pet bann in NYC

Got this through email so I thought I'd copy and paste to for everyone to read

FaunaClassifieds members, this email is to inform you of a bill in NY that if passed will have detrimental effects on reptile breeders, commercial supply businesses and hobbyists alike. This bill has passed the assembly and the senate within New York and is currently setting on the Governors desk awaiting his signature to become law. He may sign off on it this week or may wait several months to make his decision it is imperative that we act NOW! If this bill passes they way it is currently written, it will be an all out ban on boas, pythons, monitors, crocodilians and venomous species of reptiles. There is a clause that says the state may grant permission for a permit to keep and maintain any animals listed within this bill as pets only, if you owned them prior to this bill which will take effect January of 2005 if we don't stop it. In other words if you own any animals listed within this bill and apply for a permit to keep them, IF they grant you this permit you may never breed them, you are allowed to maintain them as pets only. I live outside of the state of NY and am trying to rally everyone outside and within I can but I need you to do the same. The governor and his office will put more priority on the concerns of their residents then they will on people such as myself. Perhaps you know someone in New York who is not aware of this threat, and your help is needed to contact them about this.

I urge each and everyone of you to please get as active as you can. Post fliers within pets stores, get your friends to write in, call your local representatives, contact any kind of business within the state of NY that sells reptiles or supplies. These businesses have detailed mailing list, ask them to ad a flier next time their mailer goes out. Anything you can think of to spread the word. Also please tell everyone to keep their letters professional and polite we don't want to sound like a bunch of thugs. Below are three methods to contact the Governor and oppose this bill. If you have the time I urge you to use all three methods.

This law if passed will snowball through other states. A couple years ago NYC passed a law that banned many species of animals(reptile, mammals etc.). Last year Chicago copied and tried to pass that very same law as well. They literally copied it, Chicago deleted references to NYC and replaced them with Chicago, in a couple of spots the forgot to remove the references to NYC. SO this ordinance they were trying to pass in Chicago had references to both cities within it. For the time being we stopped them there but that's just an example of how one state or city does something and the rest follow.

Here's a link to the Bill

Here's a link to email your opposition to the Governor

Snail Mail address
    Governor George E. Pataki
    State Capitol
    Albany, NY 12224
    Use the below phone number, tell them you are calling in reference to bill A02684. You'll then be asked for you zip code, once given the person will log your vote into a computer.
    518-474-8390
    Below I have copied and pasted the text concerning reptiles please see the link above for the full version.

"5) ALL REPTILES THAT ARE VENOMOUS BY NATURE, PURSUANT TO DEPARTMENT
    22 REGULATION, AND THE FOLLOWING SPECIES AND FAMILIES: BOIDAE FAMILY,
    23 ASIATIC (WATER) MONITOR (V. SALVATOR), NILE MONITOR (V. NILOCITUS),
    24 WHITE THROAT MONITOR (V. ALBIGULARUS), BLACK THROAT MONITOR (V. ALBIGU-
    25 LARUS IONIDES) AND CROCODILE MONITOR (V. SALVADORI) AND ANY HYBRID THER-
    26 EOF,
    27 (6) CROCODILIA."

Thank you for your time!
    Sincerely,
    Jason Sweigart
    Illinois Resident pulling for the New Yorkers.

This email is being sent to all registered members of FaunaClassifieds who have not specifically opted out of receiving emails from the admin of that site. If you wish to no longer receive notifications from FaunaClassifieds.com, go to this link (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...on=editoptions), which takes you to your user profile page where you can select "NO" to this option located there: Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices?

Please! Do NOT reply to this email.

Thank you.

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk
Working...
X