Vitalius roseus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitalius roseus.

Hello guys. Can anyone give me any imformation on this species? Rareity in collections, adult size, environmental requirements and temperament. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hello,

In my experience the true roseus are quite rare in the uk. Large quantities of an unidentified acanthoscurria species have been imported into the UK from paraguay and then supplied into the UK hobby as V. roseus.

If you have a true roseus, I would advise you keep them as eupalaestrus. spec.

Approx, 70 celcius, wilth night time drop, and not too damp. approx 60%

V.roseus tend to be one of the more aggressive south american species.

Regards,

Andy.

(Please someone contradict me if i am wrong. I have not had much experience with this spec.)

For more info, See

Bertani, R. (2001). Revison, Clandistic Analysis, and Zoogeography of Vitalius, Nhandu and Prosphapalopus. Arquivos de Zoologica, 36, 265-356

Pearce, E and Smith, C. (2000). World Weather Guide, Oxford, Helicon.

Comment

Can you post a pic of your V. roseus, lets see if it looks like the real one or the unidentified Acanthoscurria?

Comment

Hello guys. Thanks for the info on this species. I have not actualy got one yet but have seen some in a local shop for sale. 3xfemales and 1x immature male at £20 each. The male looks very grey in colour and the females are a rich chocolate brown colour with pink to almost orange lateral lines not dissimilar in arangement to A. seemani.These guys also seem very docile and i have actualy witnessed them feed so i think i will buying a couple of females and the immature male tomorow.

Comment

Working...
        X