Heterothele villosella team work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heterothele villosella team work!

Now I must admit I have never really been big on baboons esp small ones but this sp is a real eye opener!!!

I got you now! "but your a bit big help!!!"

helps on the way!

got ya! "cheers mate! "

ah up you two kept that quite move over!

I have 10 of these little slings

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

Ditto cool huh!!!

Comment

wooh! what are these little buggers?! ive never seen lil slings thrash about meals like this...where they come from, you know? im a big fan of old world...esp baboons!!

Comment

Heterothele villosella (Amani chestnut long spinnert baboon) 'among many other commoin names' range East Africa Tanzania (Strand 1907)

And thats about all I know about them except they are small when adult and can be kept in a community I have never kept this sp before so I dont know the habits etc heres a link to a review by Guy Tansley of this sp

There are also photographs of adults in the Theraphosidae galley of this website

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by RichardDegville
            And thats about all I know about them except they are small when adult and can be kept in a community
            BTW, last year, there has been published an article about this species in the BTS Journal:
            • WEIGAND, A. (2003): Tarantulas Can be Gentleman too – How Tarantulas Court! British Tarantula Society Journal 19(1): 4-8.

all the best,
            Martin
            »ARACHNE« – The Journal of the German Arachnology Society

Comment

Thanks for that Martin i will have to login the members section it maybe avalible for download this will save me digging though old journals lol

Comment

Richard Gallon has bred them, try contacting him to see if he has any left, if anyone wants them.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by angelarachnid
                  Richard Gallon has bred them, try contacting him to see if he has any left, if anyone wants them.

Ray
                  allready did a couple of weeks back lol

Comment

Ditto

They also love carrion it seems

Comment

Feeding dead T's to live

That could cause real problems What if the dead T died of some internal bacterial or fungal infection? Remember what happened in Mad Cow Disease?

Comment

Re: Feeding dead T's to live

Originally posted by Richard Gallon
                        That could cause real problems What if the dead T died of some internal bacterial or fungal infection? Remember what happened in Mad Cow Disease?
                        He does have a point.

Comment

Hi Richard very true mate however in this instance I know why the spiderling died my fault way to much water so all will be ok its a valid point though

Comment

Originally posted by RichardDegville
                            Hi Richard very true mate however in this instance I know why the spiderling died my fault way to much water so all will be ok its a valid point though
                            Are you saying that your spider drowned????

Comment

yes lol

Comment

Working...
                              X