salmon pink feeding question + sexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salmon pink feeding question + sexing

Hi I bought a salmong pink spiderling about a 3 weeks ago and it wa a month old when I got it. I know they have large appetites and will take crickets daily but wondered if you can overfeed them or how often do other people feed them. also the guy in the shop said he moulted every week since he had him but has only moulted once for me. presume he or she is fine. also can anyone sex spiders of this age + a chilean rose about 2 years old nxt time it moults.

Cheers. Luke Milnes (Southport)

Salmon pink etc.

Hi,
    You'll find that the time between moults increases as the spider gets older (until it's once a year for an adult female). So what your spider is doing is normal

I'd try to oviod over-feeding your spider, although most tarantulas seem to know when they've had enough and start to refuse food. A massive balloon-like abdomen might increase the risk of a burst abdomen in a fall or encounter with a cricket's back leg!

After its sixth moult it is possible to positively sex your spiders.

I usually feed my spiders once a week, but give them large portions But little and often is OK too. Well fed tarantulas can go without food for months (larger ones though)!

Richard

Comment

Working...
    X