St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands

Here are some pictures from a trip to St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands National Park in January 2007.

Cyrtopholis burrow (Likely C. bartholomaei or C. flavostriata)

A young Cyrtopholis sp.

The times I was successful in getting the adult Cyrtopholis out of their burrows I did not have my camera with me.

Female Holothele shoemakeri

Adult male Holothele shoemakeri

This photo shows a log being lifted up. There were at least 12 Holothele living in this area. ~4 adult females, 7 good sized subadults, and 1 fresh ultimate male.

This next picture may not seem that great, but it's interesting for a few reasons. Exactly where I was standing when I took the following photo, I was standing beside a Cyrtopholis burrow, and observing a small group of Holothele at the same time. All the while only being a few meters from the ocean and on a totally secluded very small island! (Whistling Cay). This tiny secluded island was a 15 minute kayak trip from St. John.

I wanted to keep the pictures shown here strictly theraphosid related, but you can see other pictures from this trip HERE

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Reynolds; 04-03-08, 02:05 PM.
    MY FLICKR

Excellent and interesting pictures Eric

My Collection:

Comment

Good stuff Eric, had a look at the link for the extras too...also top quality.

Colin
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
      X