PDA

View Full Version : The 1st Leeds Entomological Show Sep '08

Andrew Ferguson
30-08-08, 07:41 PM
I get an email from exoticpets.co.uk and this was in it. Finally a show for us Northerners!!

http://www.exotic-pets.co.uk/read-news/108

Details below:

The Leeds Entomological show is being held for the first time on Sunday 28th September at Blackburn Hall, Rothwell.

This event will be taking place at the below address:

Blackburn Hall
Commercial Street
Rothwell
Leeds
West Yorkshire
LS26 0AW

Doors open between 11am to 4pm with a small admission fee of 2 per adult, 1 per child. Refreshments will be available throughout the day.

Anyone going to make it?

Lisa Baines
30-08-08, 10:14 PM
yeah we got a flyer from lee at spider shop with a couple of our orders. Was quite chuffed to see a show close by. will be saving like mad for a couple of weeks lol. Coz ya just know we will come home with one or two (or more).... new additions.

Matthew, me and matt's dad are all going! WHOOP!

Matthew Baines
30-08-08, 11:34 PM
About time we had something up here int north

andy hood
31-08-08, 05:36 AM
looking forward to going to this :D

Colin D Wilson
31-08-08, 10:49 AM
Well Leeds is just up the road really so i'm sure there'll be a few Midlanders that will be there to support it.

Claire Beckett
01-09-08, 10:20 AM
Well I have absolutely no excuse for this one seeing as I live 5 minutes drive away! Will be there!

Lisa Baines
01-09-08, 09:20 PM
aye were only a stone throw away from leeds, so glad its sooo close :D

Sarah Fowler
04-09-08, 12:59 PM
Should be there :)

Need many people as possible, just to support the show really so it can possibly be held again, maybe bigger and better!
Would be nice to have a ragular show up here for a change!

James Box
04-09-08, 11:47 PM
i evidently am going to be there:D
just curious, is any BTS committee presence going to be there? such that i could renew my membership? otherwise going to do it by post, but thought i'd check

Phil Rea
05-09-08, 09:13 AM
just curious, is any BTS committee presence going to be there? such that i could renew my membership? otherwise going to do it by post, but thought i'd check

If not, you could always renew it online by clicking the 'Join the BTS Online' link at the bottom of my signature, or selecting the BTS E-store link above :)

Steve Coe
12-09-08, 03:44 PM
I'll be there,

It would be nice to see a BTS table

Matthew Baines
14-09-08, 11:49 AM
Not long now:D. I'm like a kid at Christmas . Cant wait , we are going hungry for a fortnight so i can buy everything i want lol .

Lisa Baines
14-09-08, 03:09 PM
oh jeeze there will be nothing left of me!!! im skinny enough as it is!!!! hehehehe! Cheers hun rofl!

Ok so who is defo going? And will the BTS have a table there so we can all meet n greet?

Colin D Wilson
14-09-08, 04:36 PM
Well i'm going so there'll be at least one "member of staff", and i'll attempt to answer any questions people/future members have about the society if existing members point them in the right direction and they grab me in the midst of controlling my lad from buying everything. We'll be wearing BTS tee-shirts (obviously :))
Not sure if any other staff or admin members are available (or it's within reasonable travelling distance)

Matthew Baines
14-09-08, 05:03 PM
BTS tee-shirts

OOOO OOOO OOOO OOOO i want one

Colin D Wilson
14-09-08, 05:37 PM
Well i was going to link to our e-store and let you have a look at what we have for sale, but it seems it is in the middle of being updated / refurbished so the merchandise section is blank.
We had some nice new designs at the BTS expo too.

You could try PM'ing that nice man off the TV, our Martin Nicolas, and if he's not filming / working he'll get back to you, or use the contact function in the e-store to ask "the question".

Matthew Baines
14-09-08, 05:48 PM
Cheers for that colin will look into it:D

Andrew Ferguson
14-09-08, 07:20 PM
Well i'm going so there'll be at least one "member of staff",

Will you be signing people up to the BTS provided they cough up some cash? If so, get my membership pack ready. I think its about time I joined!

Colin D Wilson
14-09-08, 07:25 PM
All i will be able to do is press gang....sorry....advise people to become a member online, You can join the BTS by going to the e-store :).
(if you click the "Become a BTS Member" link in my signature it'll take you straight there)

Andrew Ferguson
14-09-08, 07:32 PM
I'm old fashioned. I only do cold hard cash!! ;)

Just joined now actually!!!

Colin D Wilson
14-09-08, 07:38 PM
Andrew, if you go to the e-store and click the "contact us" link you can send a cheque / postal order to the address at the foot of the page. Pop a covering letter in the envelope so Angela can process it.

Andrew Ferguson
14-09-08, 08:16 PM
Andrew, if you go to the e-store and click the "contact us" link you can send a cheque / postal order to the address at the foot of the page. Pop a covering letter in the envelope so Angela can process it.

I've done it the modern way, Paypal. Just browsing the pdf journal now.

Mark Pennell
16-09-08, 09:02 PM

James
Not sure if we have a presence there, I would be there myself but I am away that weekend. I will check to see if perhaps Richard or Guy are there.

Cheers
Mark

Colin D Wilson
16-09-08, 09:17 PM
James
I will check to see if perhaps Richard or Guy are there.

Yes please....it would be nice to have "back up" :)

Lisa Baines
16-09-08, 09:55 PM
back up lmao!!!

yeah ya gunna get mobbed! LMAO

Matthew Baines
16-09-08, 10:15 PM
Yes please....it would be nice to have "back up" :)

I will help if you need me too do anything i.e crowd control lol. I look like a bouncer allegedly . But seriously if there is anything i can do let me know.

James Box
20-09-08, 06:32 AM
Phil and Mark, thanks for replying lol...i'd forgotten i'd asked!

i've had a renewal form through in the post, so will probably use that, unless someone who can process is there!

Colin...what a good idea! i've my black BTS shirt, will wear that! great way for people to know who we are:)

oh and everyone that isn't in the BTS yet...come on! it's only 15 a year! the journals are great:D

Andrew Ferguson
20-09-08, 04:32 PM
oh and everyone that isn't in the BTS yet...come on! it's only 15 a year! the journals are great:D

I'll second that. I've downloaded a load of back issues and find them a great read. Even on subjects I know nothing or have any interest about!

Colin D Wilson
20-09-08, 04:51 PM
Good to see you're taking advantage of the downloads section,

You don't know you have (or haven't) an interest untill you've read them though eh? :)