Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L. violaceopes (aka Cyriopagopus Singapore Blue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L. violaceopes (aka Cyriopagopus Singapore Blue)

I have mated this female. After 4 weeks of co-habiting she ate her mate. She lives in the bottom of a cork bark tube (8" deep) and I see her only when I feed her or observe her out in the late evening hours. In the past week, she has removed all of the dirt from the bottom of her hide and dumped it around the container. I have moss on top of the exterior soil so it is apparent that she is moving dirt. I am assuming that she has not laid a sac since is still out and about frequently and is still feeding. I can't really see much change in her to indicate that she is gravid. I have put her in the "quiet" room with all potentially gravid spiders. Is there anything else I can do to help promote a sac? She was freshly molted at the time of her co-habitation. Di

Originally posted by DianeDFisher View Post
    I have mated this female. After 4 weeks of co-habiting she ate her mate. She lives in the bottom of a cork bark tube (8" deep) and I see her only when I feed her or observe her out in the late evening hours. In the past week, she has removed all of the dirt from the bottom of her hide and dumped it around the container. I have moss on top of the exterior soil so it is apparent that she is moving dirt. I am assuming that she has not laid a sac since is still out and about frequently and is still feeding. I can't really see much change in her to indicate that she is gravid. I have put her in the "quiet" room with all potentially gravid spiders. Is there anything else I can do to help promote a sac? She was freshly molted at the time of her co-habitation. Di
    Di
    The behavior you mention does indicate to me that she will drop a sac pretty soon.

Best of luck
    Regards
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

That is encouraging to hear! Thank you for the reply. Since I cannot see what is going on in her tube, I will continue to make nocturnal checks on her and be encouraged when she DOESN'T APPEAR. Di

Comment

Originally posted by DianeDFisher View Post
        That is encouraging to hear! Thank you for the reply. Since I cannot see what is going on in her tube, I will continue to make nocturnal checks on her and be encouraged when she DOESN'T APPEAR. Di
        Mine have always sealed themselves in completely and I have a schioedtei doing that very thing now.

Even the P, everetti's move stuff around then dropped a sac.

I am pretty sure your going get something soon.
        Cheers
        Mark

------------------------------------------------------
        Serious Ink tattoo studio -
        Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
        X