24-03-09, 10:14 AM
great, looking forward to seeing you all:D
Mary, i will bring those spiders!

Robert Sleaford
24-03-09, 11:44 AM
As long as payday is good, I'll be there!:roll:

Matthew Baines
24-03-09, 05:15 PM
Does anyone want a chilli plant at kettering ? I have had loads germinate and i am giving them away as i do not have enough plant pots / space . They are naga jolokia aka hottest in the world .

kenny fraser
24-03-09, 07:57 PM
even i will be able to rouse myself to get to the second best show in the u.k.,course i do have a reason...its almost on my doorstep!;)

Leanne King-Smith
24-03-09, 10:52 PM
We will be there :D

andy hood
25-03-09, 06:17 PM
i'll be there, got some spiders to pick up ;):D

lynn mawdesley
26-03-09, 06:22 PM
Cant make it gutted :( ! but i am getting some T's picked up for me yayyyy:D:D:D

James Box
29-03-09, 07:26 PM
too bad, Lynn!:(

Andy, good news, i am going to bring my male aberrans for you. hoping to get him to mate with my female first, but if not maybe you can get him to mate with your two girls, and then i'll try again after!
you may want to start cooling the females if you haven't already...Lee tells me they are montane and he's found them still active under snow, so they can handle alot of cooling.

Lisa Baines
30-03-09, 12:28 PM
EEeeek help!!!!

Is there anyone from the west yorkshire area going to the show. we were getting a lift with claire but fixing her car has eaten up all her funds!
(really sorry to hear your car took so much fixing claire.. bummer!)

or if anyone travelling south would be prepared to make a slight detour please pm either myself or matthew baines. obviously we would help out with petrol money.

cheers

lisa n matt xx

Rebecca Norris
31-03-09, 08:10 AM
I'll be there!

Yvonne Woolley
01-04-09, 10:51 AM
:D I am so glad to see that so many of you are going, i haven,t been in the forums for a while but really looking forwards to Kettering it is such a nice venue, I hope those of you i have not met will say hello as there seems to be so many new names in here now, I have a 1 inch Red phase G,Rosea also a3/4 inch Vagans if any one would like them free of charge as they are a couple I have brought on from slings and have more than i need, they are both feeding really well and having no trouble moulting, just email me or pm me if anyone is interested and i will bring them along.
Well i had better get on now and get some tanks ready for whatever i bring back !!!!!!! Roll on the 19th.

Mark Harrison
05-04-09, 10:21 AM
I personally cant wait for the show, being my first fair and all. It is on the 19th right? as i have seen somewhere it was on the 20th.

Anyhow does anyone on the forum want a Exo terra Flexarium 38 and flextray? These both together would be worth about 45+ in shops and both have never been used. Flextray still in original packaging.

PM me if your interested and we can talk prices etc.

Yvonne Woolley
05-04-09, 05:09 PM
:DSunday 19th Mark 11am to 4pm It not a huge fayre but nice atmosphere Have i spelt that right?Find us out and say hello That goes for any one i have not met look forwards to seeing you

Leanne King-Smith
07-04-09, 10:07 PM
Can't wait til this event :D

You have a pm Yvonne :)

Yvonne Woolley
08-04-09, 04:27 PM
:D Hello Leanne ,
I have just replied to your P.M. Make sure you look me up at Kettering, Small light grey hair, may have a crutch Goodness better not add any more makes me sound like a real sad old fool,LOL,
Anyone thats not sure just ask the Event Organiser Paul as you go in he usually is straight facing with a table with Moths and Butterflies ect he will point me out.LOL I really would like to meet all of you that I have not allready met, We will have sort out some name badges.

Lisa Baines
08-04-09, 04:52 PM
looks like were not going to be able to make it... bummer!

oh well hopefully the Expo :)

Yvonne Woolley
08-04-09, 05:08 PM
:( Never mind Lisa lets hope you can make it to the Expo. We can meet up then.

Leanne King-Smith
08-04-09, 06:39 PM
I will definately look for you Yvonne :D

Yvonne Woolley
09-04-09, 01:47 PM
:D Really looking forwards to seeing you. Paul the event organizer will have a black tea shirt on with it written on the back he should be able to point me out. I will have cream trousers, bluey green jacket shirt and always green or bluey green eyeliner. Maybe the crutch depends on the day. So come and find me any of you.

Leanne King-Smith
10-04-09, 04:43 PM
Am really looking forward to this show now :D

Yvonne Woolley
11-04-09, 08:15 AM
:) Me too, they are not as big as the B.T.S by any means but great atmosphere and lots ot butterflies and moths etc as well othe inverts.
I love them.:)

mary walters
11-04-09, 08:46 AM
Yvonne we will be a right pair lol.

Yvonne Woolley
11-04-09, 09:35 AM
:D Great news May does that mean that you think will be able to make it after all?

mary walters
12-04-09, 08:44 AM
Well I am feeling better in myself ta, but still hobbling on stick with leg, so I is going.......

Yvonne Woolley
12-04-09, 09:34 AM
:D Fantastic Mary, Looks like i will have to catch up my Pruciilla after all then!! I will give you a ring before then just to check, Had words with so called customer service at Royal Mail yesterday, (after all madam it was Easter bla bla bla) and things are not classed as lost untll 15 days after posting . So much for first class mail. But there you are I tried, DO NOT TRY TO DO TOO MUCH!!!!!! or you will be off it again ,,,,,,(says the pot calling the kettle LOL) with luck the we both will be seen hobbling about at Kettering lol. See you soon

maria holt
16-04-09, 12:04 PM
im going, will be my first ever show so hope to come home with some lovelies to increase my starting collection
hope to meet some of you
legsxx

Yvonne Woolley
16-04-09, 12:32 PM
:)Welcome Maria, It is only a mixed event but I love it some great Moths and Butterfies too!!!Lots of time to meet up and say hello to friends both old and new.

Ray Hale
27-04-09, 06:07 PM
Did anyone go to Kettering? Its been a while since I went. How was it? Did you buy anything.

mary walters
27-04-09, 07:51 PM
MEEEEEE, I got given an a/f regalis, 2 Hap slings, an alladin sling and I bought 2 lugardi and a sub MALE pachypus woohoo. I also borrowed 3 mm from James.

James Box
28-04-09, 12:25 PM
i went, it was great! lots of great spiders etc, some great bargains too...best of all of course, it was great to see all the people that went!

i got Chilobrachys sp Aladdin x2, H albostriatum x4, Liocheles waigiensis, Smeringurus maesensis, Thelcticopis modesta x3, Alipes g grandidieri, P lugardi, Grammostola sp Concepcion, Avicularia sp Peru Purple, and Aphonopelma sp "Guatemalan Blue", which is so psychotically skittish and intractable, it makes lividum seem like a walk in the park to rehouse!!!
though less bitey.

Yvonne Woolley
28-04-09, 01:47 PM
:D Likewise James it was so good to meet up with people again, I only brought my 3 Pandinus cavimanus a Heterometrus mysorensis, and a Euathlus sp Velvet mountain beauty.We could really do with some more Spider and invert sellers at these little events as they really are enjoyable and make great meeting pionts throught the year, I myself would like to make contact with people in and around my area and have a meet or a Spider at home day, it seems such a shame only to meet up so few times in the year don,t you think? Great to see you James and Mary and Mark etc and everone who found me out and said hello.Maybe a B.T.S. table would be worth thinking about!!!! in the future.

James Box
28-04-09, 04:41 PM
there was a BTS table there, actually!
Paul Carpenter was there selling C marshalli and T modesta, and i think some others?! i am actually kicking myself for not getting C marshalli lol

casual spider meetups at people's houses are great...have been to a few. Peter Lacey has done a couple down Essex way, for example.
they often involve a trip to the local pet shop (if it's worth it) and just alot of chat. also people bring a few interesting specimens just to show off lol

mary walters
29-04-09, 07:45 AM
When I am over this leg there will be a meet at ours again, we have had 3 so far in last 18 months lol.

Oh yeah I also got an Avic amazonica sling and THEEE most beautiful Selenocosmia ardnsti from Lee, there's a pic on AP, can't put it up here cos I have exceeded my limit doh!!!

Leanne King-Smith
30-04-09, 03:57 PM
I bought:

1 x T.Pruriens juve
1 x B.Albiceps large sling
1 x B.Schroederi large sling
4 x P.Irminia sling (thanks sis xxxxxxxxxxx)

Had a lovely time, and it was great to see everyone. Can't wait for BTS now :D

mary walters
30-04-09, 07:46 PM
Welcome sis xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yvonne Woolley
02-05-09, 11:07 AM
What I meant James was an official B.T.S. Table. Badges T. shirts etc:D

mary walters
02-05-09, 01:32 PM
No Yvonne, just paul next to Steve McItyre, there will be merchandise aplenty at BTS though.

Yvonne Woolley
23-02-10, 10:20 AM
The Bug Fayre at Newark is on Sunday April the 11th James not the 19th I would hate for you to all miss it!!!! I think that Martin Goss had it posted wrong on his site , possibly this is where the mistake has been made. SUNDAY APRIL 11TH , SEE YOU ALL THERE!!:D

James Box
23-02-10, 03:55 PM
i'll try to make it, but it's not the easiest to get to...bit gutted actually, Kettering was dead easy.
still, will try!
potentially will be moving though, which is going to put a damper on things round that month...

Yvonne Woolley
23-02-10, 06:11 PM
I do hope you can make it I will be able to show you my first ever babies!!!Yes I have done it, (Well Isadora has) lots of tiny L. parahybana's. and wil hope to have them on my table there, :D

Yvonne Woolley
10-04-10, 12:09 PM
Only one day to go before Newark, I will be there and hope you all come and say hello. I will have a red table cover one or two bugs and slings and of course B.T.S. Membership forms for anyone who has not joined all ready. Looking forwards to seeing you all. L