PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to Newark in December?

Yvonne Woolley
27-10-09, 03:27 PM
:DHello just a query to find out if any of you are going to Newark in December?

mary walters
30-10-09, 07:39 PM
Probably if I am not working that day.

ralfkonen
02-11-09, 04:16 PM
is it newark on trent? when is it and what is the show like?

Yvonne Woolley
02-11-09, 04:49 PM
Yes it is at the Grove Leisure Centre.London Road. New Balderton. Newark, Notts NG24 3AL. It is not a huge bug fayre but really friendly, some hobbyist breeders take thier surplus stock and no one seem to over charge, there is time to meet up with people and have a chat and no need to starve the burger van outside does a good burger and clean too. 12 noon to 4 pm. I am not sure if spider shop or Martin Goss is going this time Maybe I could find out. Hope to see you there. Take care. Come and say hello:)

ralfkonen
03-11-09, 08:19 PM
What day is it Yvonne?

Yvonne Woolley
04-11-09, 06:13 AM
:DSunday, They always are, it gives most people chance to get there.

ralfkonen
04-11-09, 04:53 PM
Sorry, what I meant was what date?

Yvonne Woolley
04-11-09, 05:11 PM
LOL Sunday December 6th 2009 lol, will you be able to make it?:D

ralfkonen
04-11-09, 06:32 PM
Will try and be there

Yvonne Woolley
05-11-09, 08:37 AM
:D Be sure to look me up and say hello if you make it will you? look forwards to meeting B.T.S. Members.Take care

Robert Sleaford
06-11-09, 11:43 PM
Don't think I'll be going this time. I've just spent about 500 at thespidershop.co.uk in the past few weeks, so I've blown my budget for the next few months!:p

If I do go, I'll only end up buying even more. Best give it a miss this time! Shame, I got some real bargains last year.

Mark Harrison
07-11-09, 09:16 AM
Hey yvonne, ill be there with a newbie looking to buy his first invert ah the powers of persuasion lol (joke)...dont think ill be buying any T's this time just stocking up on supplies and having a browse around. Should be fun:D

Yvonne Woolley
07-11-09, 11:23 AM
Ba humbug lol You can still come and pay a vist we would love to see you, although I have no spiders to sell I am having a table as i have found a company that will suply me with some really good sling tubs and they are working out really cheap, I dont know about you but I find it really hard to get hold of them that are all the same and not costing the earth. anyway I am going to see if anyone is intested as I buy to such huge amounts far too many for myself alone. You can always have a chat and maybe make some new friends, YES? we really need to keep up the little shows as there are not many of them and they need our 2.50s to keep going thats why I try and encourage people to go to them. Do try we would love to meet you. Take care Yvonne

Yvonne Woolley
07-11-09, 11:26 AM
Fantastic Mark rubish!!!! lol, I bet you take something home, is your mum going again? See you soon will we see you before then? Take care Yvonne

Mark Harrison
07-11-09, 01:30 PM
Haha most likely, if there was a C.Cyaneopubescens or T.blondi (lol) then all bets are off. Mostly looking at Roach colonies and other assorted items. Dont think she can make it this time think she has a pleasure ride with her new horse.

Yvonne Woolley
07-11-09, 02:58 PM
Sorry your mum can,t make it,bring a friend intead. Try and get your dad to come you never know lol

Robert Sleaford
19-11-09, 08:21 PM
I'm going after all! My girlfriend has booked us into a hotel close by for the Saturday night and given me some Christmas spending money.

See you all there!

Yvonne Woolley
20-11-09, 11:26 AM
:D Fantastic Robert, Come and say hello will you I am having a table myself this time , We have some baby Walking stick insects of my daughters and lots of sling tubs. I will have B.T.S. Membership forms on my table too so not hard to find small grey hair lady just ask to event organizer if you do not see us. as I love meeting members that I have not met before. Safe journey to you both.

Kurt Baird
29-11-09, 12:00 AM
I might be going, need to find an A.chalcodes for my dad for Christmas! :P

Sarah Willis
05-11-10, 09:23 AM
I'll try and get to this - never been to a show before! It's only about 40 minutes up the A1 for me so should be able to make it. Will probably end up spending my Christmas shopping budget on T's though, hahaha!

Matthew Watkins
02-12-10, 04:49 PM
Hi guys. Does anyone know if this event is still on with all the snow? Thanks.

R Thomas
02-12-10, 08:49 PM
Well for 2010, the date is Sunday 5th December but not sure what the weather will do to it being held or not. If we hear something then I am sure it will filter through to here.

Mark Harrison
04-12-10, 12:57 PM
As of today the show is still on and the roads have cleared somewhat with the rain. Hope its a great turnout despite the weather and other matters. Should be a great day for entomology enthusiasts everywhere.

R Thomas
06-12-10, 08:09 AM
Well, the show went ahead and we as a family had a great day out. It was nice to meet Mark and put a face to a name.