Moving house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving house

Due to be moving house at the end of the month, quite a journey to make.
    My cobalt blue is currently living in his burrows, I was a bit concerned that these burrows may collapse during transit...any advice as to how to get the spider out of burrow and into a smaller (safer?!) container would be appreciated!

Ben
    ------
    www.dafoot.co.uk

You could always keep the tank on your/passengers lap for the journey? I wedged a tank behind my seat when I needed to make a 130 mile journey without removing the spider from it's setup.

Alternatively, place a lidded container of some sort, barely big enough for the spider in front of it's burrow.
    CAREFULLY penetrate the earth above the burrow with a blunt stick as far back as possible to try and "shoo" the tarantula out - a nudge on the abdomen should send it scurrying out and into your pot, where it will freeze. You can then put the lid on and keep it in your coat pocket or something.
    Alternatively try carefully flooding the burrow with water, this often forces the spider to "surface" but some are stubborn and will just stay underground until eventually you have to carefully dig out the sodden mess of earth to uncover them.

Comment

I have had burrows collapse on my spiders when i hqave moved them around, dont worry they will dig themselvs out and remake the burrow.

What you ned to watch for is heavy tank ornaments like stones or cork bark falling against them.

Comment

Working...
      X