Psalmopoeus reduncus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psalmopoeus reduncus

back in August, i visited one Wesley Flower in Wales, and we paired his male to my female.

i keep her at room temperature, perhaps highs of mid 20's.

she span a sac about a month later, which i left with her.
    this was mainly because i felt she'd do a far better job incubating then i ever could, not to mention the stress and interruption of her natural cycles that pulling the sac could illicit.

all i did since she made the sac was move her to a peaceful shelf, put something in front to block the light, and drizzled in a little water twice.

well, my (lack of) efforts were rewarded, and Wes and i now have a little pile of n1's
    also, Wes tells me my other female, which i left with him for when the male recharged, has also made a sac!

Psalmopoeus reduncus are perhaps the least flashy of their genus, however their relative docility and rich, classy colouration of brown and gold as adults makes them wonderful spiders, in my opinion, easily on par with their cousins!

they also are quite colourful as spiderlings!
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Congratulations to both of you

Comment

thanks Jackie
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Brilliant news James, hardy lil sods they are too.
        spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

great result, congrats
          My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Welll Done

Comment

thanks all
              sometime over the holidays they seem to have moulted into proper slings now
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X