PDA

View Full Version : Phormictopus cancerides feeding

Michelle Howarth
02-01-10, 08:22 PM
This is my biggest female Phormictopus cancerides having dinner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqjNYKqCEJI

Ian Hall
02-01-10, 08:48 PM
It's incredible how accurate they are at that speed!

Michelle Howarth
03-01-10, 09:30 AM
It's incredible how accurate they are at that speed!

Tell me about it, wouldn't want my hand to be in the wrong place at the wrong time with this one.

Kat Gilbert
04-01-10, 07:33 PM
Well that's a bit scary! I've never seen the speed of ours feed because she's always in her burrow when she does it :)

Aaron Annal
04-01-10, 07:47 PM
Cool vid feeding time is cool to watch still amazes me the speed they have :D

Michelle Howarth
04-01-10, 08:07 PM
Well that's a bit scary! I've never seen the speed of ours feed because she's always in her burrow when she does it :)

Fast aren't they. I love how in this video she just casually plods around to greet the cricket as if to say "well hello there"

As for a burrow, she has never attempted to make one, never even done any digging (not even at moult time). Just seems happy living out in the open like that (not that I'm complaining LOL).

Michelle Howarth
04-01-10, 08:08 PM
Cool vid feeding time is cool to watch still amazes me the speed they have :D

Thanks, and yep the speed is amazing. Always makes me wary when I go in to get the water bowl. If she really wanted to tag me, I wouldn't stand a chance.

Denny Teasdale
05-01-10, 05:09 AM
OWZAT...!! sign her up for the cricket team...phenomenally quick and accurate...what a catch..!!

Oliver Mullins
06-02-10, 03:46 PM
Nice video, precision at its best i remember my old Cancerides great Tarantula very active with a appetite to match.

James Box
10-02-10, 11:41 AM
one of my favourite species:)
very fun to feed!!