Novice ask's question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novice ask's question

Hi all, I am quite new to the hobby and have three tarantulas. I started with a Chillean Rose 1yr ago, and recently got a Bolivian Pink Toe and Brazilian Giant Whiteknee. I must be doing something right cause the C/Rose and Whiteknee have both had good shed's and are good eaters. I have read in a couple of books that it is not advisable to handle Tarantulas because of easy damage/death due to fall's etc, but would like to do some short careful handling anyway. The big question is what is my likelyhood of getting bitten.

Bolivian pimk toes are normaly quite docile but can be quite fast and have got the capability to jump.
    As for the white knee i have found them to be quite aggresive normaly just flicking hairs but i have had some individuals in the past which have tried to actualy bite.
    The chile rose is normaly quite docile and can be handled normaly without problems but you have to remember that tarantulas like us humans vary greatly in personality and even species considred docile can occasionly turn out to be quite aggresive.
    Personaly i wouldnt recomend handling any tarantula both for your safety(getting bitten) and the tarantulas safety(tarantulas are very vulnrable and can be injured if they are dropped or fall for example.)

Comment

Working...
    X