My Tarantulas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Tarantulas

Firstly, i'll put these as links, as they are quite large pictures.

1. G.Rosea Female
    Pet Rock

Rare Trip out of the tank

If i cant see you, you cant see me

2. A.Geniculata Female

Basking

Exploring

3. P.Fasciata Unsexed

Camoflagued

Lovely underside colouring

Climbing

Apologies for the picture sizes, but i like decent resolution on my pics.

~Neil
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Your P.fasciata looks like it's female from the abdoman pattern. however this method is unreliable

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

I had Leon Lane look at it when i bought it from Kettering, and his first opinion was that it was male.
      I guess i'll have to wait and see what it is once it moults. I guess i can just look inside the cast same as i did for my chile?

Here is a ventral picture if anyone can sex it better from that?
      Clicky
      And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

I,d say male Neil!
        Cheers
        Brendan

Comment

I'm gonna wait until it moults for a definate sex. There's no way i can hold it to sex it externally like i did with the other two spids. Hopefully a moult wont be too far away.

Comment

Maybe you can sex from this super hi-res image of it

2.4meg i'm afraid.

Comment

Lovely pics there!
              That one of A.Geniculata Female Eploring looks like it has a bald patch on its abdoment, did it kick those scales at you(forget what its called)
              My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
              Ray Gabriel

Comment

Yes she did kick hairs at me. she's calmed down massively now.

Comment

I believe its called urticating right. Now thats nice as the latin name for the stinging nettle is Urtica!
                  Ray Gabriel

Comment

yup, and they don't half itch. She's easily calm enough to handle now, but still likes to think that anything entering her tank is food. Today she attacked some vermiculite that fell onto the floor, and a pair of tweezers :P

Comment

sounds a right feisty bugger Neil
                      Ray Gabriel

Comment

Nah, she's lovely. Does like to pounce on the water dish when i fill it :P But as long as you make it clear you're not food, then she's safe to handle.

Comment

Working...
                        X