PDA

View Full Version : Bugfest 2011 The Eight Legged Freak Show

Bugfest Nick Wadham
03-09-10, 09:22 AM
Hi all,

We are planning our next event and are hoping to attract more of the spider enthusiasts.

It would be particulaqrly good if some of the BTS hobbyists book a table or two to sell their surplus stock.

Please support us, whilst other shows seem to be dissappearing, we are firmly holding on and have every intention of doing so, this is because we cater for every one and have a family focus which invites new enthusiats in a non excluding professional manner.

For more information, please email: kara@bugfest.co.uk

Many thanks and hope to see you all soon.

Bugfest Nick Wadham
03-09-10, 09:23 AM
Forgot to mention it will be on 26th of Feb, which unfortunately clashes with the BTS lectures.

jason botting
17-12-10, 09:30 PM
where will it be held nick

Naomi Hayne
22-01-11, 06:34 PM
im going! this is the first time for me to go to something like this, really hoping to buy some more harder to find T's, i've been told its more for the kids though which is sort of off putting :S

And its being held at buckler mead sports centre
Yeovil, somerset

Mark Pennell
23-01-11, 10:41 AM
Forgot to mention it will be on 26th of Feb, which unfortunately clashes with the BTS lectures.

Nick
We would love to attend and show our support, unfortunately as you mention it does clash with the BTS lectures..

However I do urge those not attending the lectures to show their support for this event and pop along or better still get some tables and trade there.
Good luck with the event sorry we cant be there.

Mark

Bugfest Nick Wadham
13-02-11, 09:15 AM
Thanks Mark.

This year, we have more bug traders. The only reason it seems more aimed at kids is because we can't get enough traders to get down to it, unfortunately, we have to cover the cost of the venue and advertising, which any one who has organised a show can tell you aint cheap, thus we have to open tables up to anyone local.

Anyway, if we as enthusiats and profesisonals don't make our niche available and appealing to children, how are we go recruit and generate the future representatives, scientists and entusiats of our hobbies and interests?

Naomi, we will have a good range of spiders thanks to Lee's support, plus two brand new, never before kept in Europe praying mantis species.

Hope to see you there.