X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb male vagans!!!

Hi all,

Help somone please!!

We have waited and waited for our male vagans to mature, which he did about a month ago. He has built his sperm web. and we have a BIG female who is in perfect condition. We have had him in with her for the second time and he just dosn't seem to get it. She is gagging for it tapping and dancing away trying to seduce him. He is tapping and making the right noises but when it comes down to it face to face with his prospective mate he only seems to be interested in walking on her and then wandering back to his enclosure.....Whats with him??? Will he get the gist of it eventually. i have mated many different types of Brachy B4 but never B4 have i come across a little fella like this... is he gay...(no offence to gay people) or will he git the idea?????

Regards

Shot8un

I had the same problem with one of my G.rosea, the male just didn’t seem interested in her although he did his business with the other 2 lady’s I have. I guess u can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink..

I guess you will just have to wait a week of so and try again...?

Comment

However....

No trouble with B.albopilosa...Little stud muffin he was...brave aswell!!!

Regards

Shot8un

Comment

Awww see he was just getting to know her first. He's obviously not into one night stands. What a sensitive guy

Comment

LOL!

It is the vagans who is sexually repressed Kate!...The albopilosa needed no encouragement at all, think he'd been reading up on technique or summat beforehand!!

Regards
          Kelly

Comment

B. vagans?

In the first place, how do you know for certain that you even have Brachypelma vagans? there are so many hybrid variations out there that it is almost impossible to tell. It is fairly safe to say that with so many people breeding tarantulas, some knowing what they have some don't but certainly it possible that what is available today in the "pet" tarantula trade has been hybridized to such an extent it would not resemble a wild caught version whatsoever.
            That is the problem with so many breeding various species today. That is absolutely true of Hystercrates gigas no one knows what those are today compared to when first introduced to the hobbyist. And the entire H. herculesthing is even a worse mess. B. vagans is one species that could only be confirmed against a wild caught specimen in the field. Nothing more would be valid without scientific evaluation beyond the average hobbyist.
            Let no one say and to your shame, all was good until you came.

Comment

Working...
            X