G.rosea RCF adult female

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.rosea RCF adult female

Recently moulted and looking totally stunning.

Anyone got a male that looks this good?
    show me all of it, then i'll decide

Hi Karl,
    She is absolutely stunning, must get one when we have built spider room.
    Mary
    spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Stunning!

My RCF has just moulted too, i'll try and get a picture but she is nowhere near as bright as yours.

Is yours defensive / aggressive? Unlike most rosies, there is no way I could safely put my hands near her when doing cage maintenance!

Comment

Hi Coolsox2003uk,

You hit the nail on the head there.

Since the day I got her, around 7 years ago (she was adult at the time), she has given me nothing but bad attitude. I have nothing but absolute respect for her. In the second pic she was in full on threat pose

Her colours had faded a lot before this last moult, if I get a chance this weekend I'll take some pics with her next to the exuvium just so you can see what I'm talking about. Maybe these girls get better with age

When she moulted out this time I was blown away by her colouring.

If you ever get a RCF male PLEASE let me know, I'll do the same.

karl

Comment

Here are pics of mine:

Before:

And after!

What a transformation!

I am trying to get hold of a male so if I locate one i'll be sure to let you know.

Comment

From the pic your girl is just as striking as mine (nice pic BTW). I had to use a flash on the camera which I think made the colour glow a little more. The plan was to catch the last of the sunlight but when I got home from work the sun had gone down just a little too much. Maybe I can rectify that this weekend. If you can see these babes in natural sunlight they take your breath away.

How long have you had yours? In the time I have had this female she has moulted twice, that's over three years between moults. Either she's VERY old and not growing much, or I'm not keeping her right.

Just as an aside, I have noticed that she doesn't like black crickets, but brown crickets are taken straight away.

karl

Comment

Hi Karl,
              If you ever get any spiderlings from her please let me know, the more I look at your pics, the more I want one! You say that yours is always on the defensive, my normal one is like that, she is a rescue, was 8 years old when I got her and she has been with me for 4 years. My other one, normal colour again is so different and can be handled if necessary, and the male that I had(he died e few weeks ago) he would go on anybody's hand.
              Mary
              spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Hi Mary,

I'll be sure to let you know if I'm lucky enough to be successful with these.

Oddly enough this one was a rescue also, the classic 'friend of a friend' bought her from a pet shop and didn't realise what he was taking on. Damn good luck for me

A few more pics, not the best but they show the difference in colour after her moult quite well, not to mention her bad attitude

Before:

After:

Boo!

Comment

Thats one full on threat pose!
                  My RCF rosie raises her legs and jumps forward, but she never unsheaths her fangs!
                  Lets hope we can find a lucky fella for these beauties!

Comment

My red phase rosie is the calmest spider I have. She's also the laziest. She almost never moves from on top of her cork bark hide. Although she did move enough to catch a cricket last week - her first meal in around 18 months!!!!

Comment

Great pics guys, showing the gals in all their full glory.

Comment

wow thats a vivid colour!
                        My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
                        Ray Gabriel

Comment

Originally posted by karl
                          Just as an aside, I have noticed that she doesn't like black crickets, but brown crickets are taken straight away.

karl
                          thats bizarre. our G rosea wont touch blacks or locusts either! She went 3 months without food just coz she would rather not eat the blk ones!
                          My rcf however eats like there is no tommorow!

Comment

Seems to be a common trait in chillis Shelob gets funny with food as well at one time she went without for a while cause she wanted hoppers not crickets but then when other times when we offer hoppers she wont take them and wants crickets.

Comment

Layla,

You have a RCF too?

If that's the case we need to find a male for all our girls.

Please let me know if you manage to find one.

karl

Comment

Working...
                              X