Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36768586

Thread: Introductions!

Hi Sam, welcome to the forum, you've got a good selection there, they do tend to be addictive, once you start,

Welcome back Patti, the L. Parahybana are a great T, robust, long lived and grow to a good size.

Just thought I would say Hello to all of you. I have only owned tarantulas for about a year now and I can not wait to own a few more of theses fascinating creatures. I can spend hours just watching them move things around in their homes. I didn't realise that they could actually carry dirt around let alone a plastic water dish lol.
    I only have a few at the moment.
    My T's so far, G. Pulchripes , C. Cyaneopubescens, B. Vagans, B. Albopilosum, B. boehmei, L. parahybana.
    Of course I have other pets including snakes and lizards along with the more usual pets

Look forward to chatting with you sharing my opinion and hopefully learning alot from the more experienced members.

Hi guys, Im new here and I very interested in getting involved with some new tarantulas. I've heard that Eupalaestrus Campestratus are a good one to start with. Any suggestions?

E campestratus is an excellent first choice (but grow veeeeeeeery slow!). As are Euathlus sp. if you don't mind them to be not so big. Otherwise, the classic answer would be: Grammostola spp. or Brachypelma spp. are good first terrestrial T. For arboreal, Avicularia spp. are good first T.

Anyway, the final risk is: in less than one year, you will have more than thirty different species in your little home! Who said: addictive?!

Hello guys, I would say I'm new to the forum but I have actually been on and off for the last 7 years, but low and behold, today I took the plunge and purchased my first T. A beautiful little Euathlus sp. Red sling, ridiculously excited to actually be a part of the hobby now and can't wait to learn more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie Mitchell View Post
    Hello guys, I would say I'm new to the forum but I have actually been on and off for the last 7 years, but low and behold, today I took the plunge and purchased my first T. A beautiful little Euathlus sp. Red sling, ridiculously excited to actually be a part of the hobby now and can't wait to learn more!

Welcome back

er . . . . you do realise that Euathlus grow slower than rocks and it could be 3-4 years before your sling doubles it present size !

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36768586