Page 1 of 9 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyskenetic syndrome

Default Dyskenetic syndrome

My regalis is still no better, but no worse. I have had a scoot around on the interweb and found out about Dyskenetic syndrome

From what I have read, it seems like my regalis has it.

Is there anything I can do for it?

Kain

Unfortunately no. in the very few cases I have heard of the spider dies after a month or 2

Get the unwell spiders away from the others i had a spider with the same problem and it spread to another 5 and they all died, It doesnt show until about a month or another molt in the other spiders. i know it sounds cruel but i would say put it in the freezer and ease its suffering.
    Andy

Hi Kain,
    this syndrome is what my P. metallica died of. Whilst I hope you are mistaken and it is something else, if it is Dyskenetic syndrme then you have all my deepest sympathy. Also I was unaware it was infectious. Whilst all my spiders are kept seperately, my old P. metallica tank is now being used again by a P. striata. I hope my spider will be ok and if anyone can shed some more light on this I would really be grateful.
    Hate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Is it shaking uncontrollably? When it tries to move, does it scuttle in the same place seeming to have absolutely no control over its limbs Kain? Those are the symptoms.

If it is, then unfortunately I think the kindest thing would be to euthanase it.

My Collection:

Yup Phil, thats exactly what it's doing.

It keeps like falling over and having like a kind of fit. Whats the best painfree way to euthanase it?

Kain

Kain, the easiest and most humane (if there is such a thing) way is to pop it into a small plastic tub and place it in the freezer over night.

Sorry mate

Colin
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Thanks Colin

Kain

HI guys and i'm sorry to butt in on the side like this but i just couldn't go by without reacting to the comment
    the easiest and most humane
    followed by
    freezer

Guys this is a myth based on whats less messy for us!!! and is absolutely untrue..It's not quick and it's not without discomfort.........But yes, it is easy.

If you put a creature in the freezer without it first being in a container you'll notice that (especially spiders) will have moved around quite a bit leaving tracks in the ice crystals and moving away from the original position..It's not quick!!

Also it's suspected that ice crystals enter the book lungs leaving your spider to die slowly of asphyxiation which is very much uncomfortable..

I'm sorry to say it but if you want quick and humane then lay your spider on a hard surface and drop a paving slab on it..........Thats quick!

Theres another method which involves placing ether/spirits/alcohol in a container letting that be in the freezer overnight and then immerse your spider or whatever in it and put it back in the freezer......It's pretty quick but involves a bit if planning and at the end of the day it's still not as quick as a heavy blunt instrument...!

Well was just about to freeze it, but it has already died naturally.

Totally gutted.

Kain

Page 1 of 9 12 ... LastLast