Avic Peru purples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avic Peru purples

Well, I did get a sac but only 23 survived, Neil and I were gutted.
    spider woman at Wilkinsons

so sorry to hear that Mary. You and Neil seemed geared up for a good sac but nature often deals unfair hands.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

That she does Peter, I was soo dissapointed I almost gave up breeding altogether, but pals talked me into carrying on. I will mate Lizzy up again after her moult.

Comment

Mary, 23 survivors are better than less or none. Avics, as you know, can be very delicate and awquard to raise if conditions aren't spot on so as i said to you, just put it down to experience and continue the way you have, your past records show that your breeding success rates are very high.
        As disconcerting as this seems at the mo it's no reason to give up completely.
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by mary walters View Post
          That she does Peter, I was soo dissapointed I almost gave up breeding altogether, but pals talked me into carrying on. I will mate Lizzy up again after her moult.
          give up! you better not! you're mother nature's auntie!
          You've had so much success, the envy of many I'd bet, and a great inspiration for many others. Don't think about the losses, just think about all those successes you've had and how that's probably helped conserve the the CB specimens in the hobby.
          Well done for the 23 you have!
          My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
            Mary, 23 survivors are better than less or none. Avics, as you know, can be very delicate and awquard to raise if conditions aren't spot on so as i said to you, just put it down to experience and continue the way you have, your past records show that your breeding success rates are very high.
            As disconcerting as this seems at the mo it's no reason to give up completely.
            Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
            give up! you better not! you're mother nature's auntie!
            You've had so much success, the envy of many I'd bet, and a great inspiration for many others. Don't think about the losses, just think about all those successes you've had and how that's probably helped conserve the the CB specimens in the hobby.
            Well done for the 23 you have!
            Thanks lads, but it got a bit disconcerting losing so many, I was ready to throw in the towel and just keep them for show stock, but then with the collection of breeding stock it would not have been fair.

Comment

It's a great number-for me-I born in Lima,Peru,live now in Argentina,but never I can breed this georgeous avicularia..for me it's great !!!
              Learning by doing...

Comment

Thanks Juan

Comment

Working...
                X