Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 new Ts - Blondi, OBT and Pokie

Tub looks fine to me.
    Becky sent me a link a few weeks ago on ventral identification, quite surprisingly different considering many look very similar (black and white stripes). See if you can identify from this: http://www.froschlurche.de/Poecilotheria-ventral.jpg

OBTs you can often pick up for 10+ but I certainly wouldn't pay 40 for one. As they're easy to breed it helps to keep the costs down and you'll often find them available from forums.
    T. blondi aren't so easy to find and often fetch a hefty price, i've seen these as max 5" for 150!!! Hard to breed so that keeps the price high but if you're lucky you may find a spiderling for 20+. The slings are quite big even in their first moult.
    Pokies, lots to choose from and the price ranges but its not hard to find slings for 5+, 4" for around 20. The sought after metallica will fetch upwards of 35 just for a sling rising to 300 for a gravid female.
    Doubtless others will provide their opinions on prices but this gives you an idea of bargains or rip-offs. Its worth noting however that shop prices will be higher as they have overheads and they need to make a profit, but there's no postage. Online shops offer good selections and often guarantee live arrivals and replacements.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Many thanks for the link - I'll have a look when she's next feeling co-operative!

Talking

Hi Faye,

I was checking the pic of your pokie out, and my friend has a P.Formosa that is very like yours. Have a look at this pic of google.

Michael.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P.formosa.jpg  
    2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmckinney View Post
    Hi Faye,

I was checking the pic of your pokie out, and my friend has a P.Formosa that is very like yours. Have a look at this pic of google.

Michael.
    Thanks for that Michael - it's certainly the closest I've seen so far...
    she's quite a bit lighter than that, and doesn't have so much banding on her front legs - just the stripes going down them, strange how much individuals vary!

stunning pics. Do you mind me asking what camera you use. Been thinking of getting a new one just not sure what to get
    Avicularia Versicolor 0.0.2 , Brachypelma Vagans 0.0.1 , Brachypelma Albopilosum 0.0.1 , Grammostola Porteri 0.0.2 , Brachypelma Smithi 0.0.1 , Brachypelma Klaasi 0.0.1 , Lampropelma Violaceopes 1.0.0 , Pterinochilus Murinus 0.0.1 , Avicularia Avicularia 0.0.1 , Heteroscodra Maculata 0.0.1 , Poecilotheria Striata 0.0.1 , Acanthoscurria Geniculata 0.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Wramba View Post
    stunning pics. Do you mind me asking what camera you use. Been thinking of getting a new one just not sure what to get
    Do realise that this thread is 5 years old !!!

Nope lol....... Only 8th thread down too. Take it this section is not used alot.
    Avicularia Versicolor 0.0.2 , Brachypelma Vagans 0.0.1 , Brachypelma Albopilosum 0.0.1 , Grammostola Porteri 0.0.2 , Brachypelma Smithi 0.0.1 , Brachypelma Klaasi 0.0.1 , Lampropelma Violaceopes 1.0.0 , Pterinochilus Murinus 0.0.1 , Avicularia Avicularia 0.0.1 , Heteroscodra Maculata 0.0.1 , Poecilotheria Striata 0.0.1 , Acanthoscurria Geniculata 0.0.1

It is sorted alphabetically, there are options on the bottom of the forum list to change the order =]
    0.1.0 Brachypelma smithi (annitha?)
    0.1.0 Chromatopelma cyanopubescens

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12