Aphonopelma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aphonopelma

Hello BTS i thought i would post some pictures of a certain Aphonopelma in mine and Julies collection, would be nice if someone could give a positive ID. It was sold to me as a Aphonopelma hentzi

Please post what you think?

Cheers Alex
    Attached Files
    Proud member of the BTS

Looks like a hentzi to me. Nice fat abdomen too. Any chance she's gravid?
    Last edited by KJ Vezino; 14-11-08, 12:24 PM.
    KJ Vezino
    Certified Arachnoholic
    My T Gallery
    Quest for Knowledge: All the T info links you need!
    "Have You Hugged Your Spiders Today?"

KJ’s Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ferguson View Post
      Hello BTS i thought i would post some pictures of a certain Aphonopelma in mine and Julies collection, would be nice if someone could give a positive ID. It was sold to me as a Aphonopelma hentzi

Please post what you think?

Cheers Alex
      The chelicerae are too large to be A. hentzi. Either a subadult female Aphonopelma ssp "carlsbad green" or something else. The aphonopelma genus is such a mess. Theres no telling what you may have to be quit honest with you...

Comment

agreed about the mess Austin! hard to tell what you have, given so many have such variable colouring within species. and so many undescribed as well!
        i have a couple "hentzi", a "caniceps", some sp "new river" and now sp "flagstaff orange" as well for undescribed, iodius (thankfully correctly id'ed) and chalcodes, as well as some others...and hard to id properly from live specimens, so it becomes even more difficult!
        somehow i still love this genus!
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
        X