newly molted mature male p.vespertinus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newly molted mature male p.vespertinus

find out today he was a "he" hope i can find a mate for him.

Does this remind anyone else of a male Pamphobeteus sp. 'platyomma' ?

Guy...
    www.giantspiders.com

Comment

I was under the impression that most of the phamho males goe purple when they mature

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

in the book i have it has verspertinus but not platyomma!

Good luck with that breeding and I will 100% be interested in slings. I have been after some verspertinus for ages.x

Comment

Originally posted by Layla Mc
          in the book i have it has verspertinus but not platyomma!

Good luck with that breeding and I will 100% be interested in slings. I have been after some verspertinus for ages.x

What like all 4 weeka thast some time you've been waiting lmao

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

Craigs been after a verspitinus since 2003 when we got the book we saw it in! How did u figure 4 weeks?

Comment

I am with Guy on this one it does look like sp "platyoma", which Bertrani 2001 considered "nomen dubium".

But it also looks very similar (to me) like the males of Pampho sp "South Ecuador"

I think this might be an "Ask Andy M" thread.

Yes GW most male Pamphos (i have seen) tend to have a purple sheen to some extent on them, some just the carapace and the femurs others most of the body.

Ray

Comment

they do look very similar in my and guys picture.
                I bought him at the last BTS show from the european dealer located near the middle of the gymnasium where he told me it was vespertinus.

In previous googling on the web i've come across pictures of this species ranging from looking nothing like my p.vespertinus to exactly like mine.

i would be happy if someone could confirm exactly what species he falls under. As a juvenile he was very dark all over except for a pinkish purple "V" on his carapace.

Comment

Ray , Steve asked you if you knew where I could get a verspitinus and you wanted a pic as u said summat like they are normaly named wrong, i cant remember it was a couple of months ago anyhow is there such a thing as a P.verspitinus then?

Comment

Hi Layla,

Ok (Andy M really needs to answer this) i think i have this correct.

Either the male or the female of of P. ultramarinus is the male or female of P. vespertinus, and from what i can gather they ae either the same sp or totally different to what we have in the hoby as P. vespertinus.

There is some one working taxonomically on Pamphos but publication i think is a long way off.

Many dealers only sell what they have bought stuff as, and never bother getting stuff properly identified.

There are even soem dealers who will change the names of specimens if they are not selling. This hapens alot with Common names, and less so with scientific names.

Some breeders / keepers who know they have stock which is unidentified will put a species name on it just to sell it, this happens alot with the blue Avicularia species from French Guyana sold as Avicularia avicularia or mettalica, velutina, nigroteantana etc

What they really are is anyones guess.

Comment

Hello.

I also agree with Guy and Ray, your male is Pamphobeteus sp. "platyomma". Mature male of Pamphobeteus sp. South Ecuador has different collor of abdomen. I put several pictures of both, together with male of Pamphobeteus ultramarinus, over another site. Here is the link:

There are also pictures of matings....enjoy them.

Pamphobeteus vespertinus looks different, it`s similar to Pamphobeteus sp. Peru pictured over Guy`s website....

Peter

Comment

Working...
                      X