Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A. Geniculata

If the male is yours, I would pair them multiple times until she nails him but if the male is on a breeding loan then you will have to take more care of him unless the owner agrees for him to be used that way.

I would wait for at least 5-7 days before pairing again or longer if a sperm web hasnt been made. This will give the male a chance to load his palps up with sperm, hydrate and have a feed (if he will) and after all that . . its a waiting game.

Well he made his sperm web on the Friday that's why I retried mating on Sunday when I posted the query. He isn't hungry, he just kills the prey and drops them into his water bowl and leaves them. I also tried again yesterday and today. He stayed on the side of the viv bobbing up and down but she doesn't respond, he walks over withing 2 inches of her and she just ignores him, doesn't move at all. So he stays there for 40 minutes doing nothing then leaves the viv. That was yesterday, and today, he refuses to go near her, I gently nudge him to climb up his wall and down into her viv but he waits 5 minutes then turns around and climbs right back out every time. Tried a few times and then just let him wander around, since he seems to just want to go crawl around away from her viv, before putting him back. So I'll try again in a few more days.

That aside she seems to be very eager to eat, I did a simulated rainfall in her viv (basically water in a jar with a lid full of holes turned upside down) and she kept attacking the water and followed it around her viv trying to catch it. So I fed her.

Anyway this is the link for the short version of me breeding my A. Geniculatas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RffEWJTvqXQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12