Hi everyone,

I used to keep a B. smithi adult female about 35 years ago and I had her for about 3 years. This was my first foray into the world of T keeping. Well I spent 30 years overseas and never had a chance to get back into my old hobby. You might ask what happened to my B. smithi? Well I lost her while leaving the UK when the security people at departures saw my wee beastie nestled in my hand baggage! They confiscated my wee beastie but they did promise to send it to my friend Dr. Dick Vane-Wright at the
British Museum of Natural History. I found out about 4 months later they had kept their promise and sent it to him. She had a good life there because I asked Dr. Dick. That was 1990!

Now in 2014 I decided to take up the hobby again. I looked on eBay and found a sling of H. lividum I was able to bid on. I lost my bid! So I found another and again lost the bid! Not to be outdone I contacted the seller and since then we have become good friends. I bought 4 different T slings and he sent me 4 freebies of 3 other slings. That was 3 weeks ago. I have had good success feeding all 8 of my T slings but two of them are absolute stars! My H. lividum and L. violacopes have visibly taken to eating everything I throw in with them. They have doubled in size and will soon be ready to moult. The remaining 6 are a lot slower on the uptake but I am not worried because they are not sluggish or looking unwell.

Thanks for reading....