Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from myself and Mystery x

Hello,

My name is Julia and I live on the outskirts of North Bedfordshire.

I only currently own one tarantula - a Brachypelma auratum, who's name as you can probably tell is 'Mystery'. S/he is my first ever tarantula and I am hoping to get a couple more as this year goes on - although still unsure as to which species I want next. S/he's about 2 inches in diameter, but is completely gorgeous!

Since getting Mystery, I have become more and more interested in learning more about different species of tarantulas. What's even better is that before I got her/him (unsexed still), my parents were dead set against me getting one....but as s/he turned up...so did my parents interest lol.

Main question has gone from - 'What's the point of her/him?' to 'What's your next one going to be?' lol. My Mum has even found a couple that she likes the looks of as well...so maybe I will be getting one on her behalf

I suppose what has also helped me to be able to acquire more - is the fact that Mystery only goes through about 3 small crickets a month....and when you have a box of about 200...and they die within a couple of weeks...so more T's will eat more crickets lol

I've been looking for a 'UK' based Tarantula forum for a while, but I am also a member of a couple of other forums also.

I will try and get a photo of Mystery in the next couple of days just to show you what s/he looks like lol.

Going to start having a look around now.

Julia xx

Originally posted by Julia French View Post
    I suppose what has also helped me to be able to acquire more - is the fact that Mystery only goes through about 3 small crickets a month....and when you have a box of about 200...and they die within a couple of weeks...so more T's will eat more crickets lol

Save some pennies up and come down to Ashford, Kent to S.E.A.S on the 25th Jan

or there is the BTS 30th expo 17th May in Coventry

http://www.thebts.co.uk/bts-exhibition/

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Peter.

I would love to go to the exhibitions, but I currently don't drive and Kent and Coventry are way too far for me to travel too.

I love the links you sent me though - thank you

Julia x

Comment

Working...
      X