X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H incei

We just opened our Holothele incei sac and here is what happened

Sac size. Very large lol!

Opened slightly and one pops out to say HELLO WORLD!

Then

This is our 3rd ever sack. 1st was mated when bought resulting in 768 slings ( G aureo) 2nd (Avic avic) was infertile and now this.
    We rasied the male from sling and mated with a female who had moulted 3 times with prev owner after mating. She was mated and sent to us and moulted. Then our juv (or not ) H incei became a mature male all of a sudden lol! We paired them and this is the result...so far. We estimate at approximatley 60 N2's with only one bad egg and I cant tell you how happy I am. I made the descision to pull the sac as I wanted not to wreck the females enclosure coaxing slings out if we left her with it. This way we hope she will drop a second sac...fingers crossed. Proud mother is happily eating a big fat juicy cricket!

Wow! Congratulations Layla!!
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

congratulations on the sac

Comment

Thanks

Comment

they look great layla, well done.....

Comment

Oooh. nice one Lalyla.
            Mary
            spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Thank you Nicky and Mary. Nymphs are still alive and keep falling out of incubator....daftys. Cant wait till they turn into slings!

Comment

great shot they're totally lovely :P
                CedriKirdec

Kirdec Tarantula's

Comment

they are darkening off now but I think it was due to them bring freshly moulted when we opened the sac. Expecting them to moult into slings at the end of feb. Hopefully also send in an article re the breeding.

Comment

Congrats Layla!!

Comment

Thanks Howard!
                      Some of the nymphs have died off. I was thinking maybe even with the watre at the bottom they needed more moisture so i sprayed it *shrugs* will try anything They have gone very dark grey with black boots.....hopefully will turn into slings b4 they all die

Comment

I recommend allowing them to drink every few days - nymphs quickly dehydrate in these conditions and providing water (on a peice of tissue, for example) prevents this.
                        Guy...
                        www.giantspiders.com

Comment

Thanks Guy. I misted the incu lightly.
                          We now have slings....nymphs moulting as we speak. not too many though

Comment

53 so far

Comment

57 in total

Not a fab picture but shows one naughty one from when we potted them up. Some of these are now for sale if I can part with them

Comment

Working...
                              X