Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hobbiest

Hi Guys
    Just a quick line or two. I've not long started the hobby and the T'rs are very interesting creatures, I have two at the moment, and want to get my collection bigger.

Would it be better for me to try and get T'rs off some of you chaps, cause you seem to know what your talking about. Where as if I got them from dealers, they tend to do it for money.

I would like to get all the Brachypelma species first, can anyone tell me how many they are in this family. Also do any of you have any sub/adult females for sale, as I said earlier I want to increase my collection.
    Thanks

Hi there,
    I have no idea off hand how many of the brachypelma spieces there are, although I am sure someone here may have an idea. A good handful I'd guess.
    I think trusted dealers on the net or people here on message boards are okay. I get mine from pet stores and off the net with no problems. Slings are usually cheap.

- Jeni

Comment

There are five Brachypelma sp. that I know of. No idea how many aren't available in the trade.

I'd agree with getting spiderlings. Most in my collection are/were bought as spiderlings or small juveniles, and most of those were ordered from breeder's advertisements on the BTS bulletin board. As breeders, they offer more... shall we say reasonable?... prices too.

Comment

First off hi Bigred

I would agree with the others about buying spiderlings and juveniles from breeders - I bought 5 from a German breeder who advertises on the B.T.S bulletin board from time to time - got all 5 inclusive of postage from Germany for around £17!

Comment

here
          Member of DEARGE

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Telford
            hi,
            HERE you can find all Brachypelma spp. that are described.

bye
            Gordon
            That's quite a read thanks....

Wonder if anyone has checked it for spelling mistakes!!

Comment

Wonder if anyone has checked it for spelling mistakes!! [/quote]

I suppose you mean spelling mistakes in their own collection? The names on these website are the official spelling of the scientific names to date.
              With Regards,
              Thomas Ezendam
              Tilburg, Holland
              Ulwembu Arachnological Survey Group
              British Tarantula Society - European Rep

Comment

hi, welcome to the hobby, sorry to disagre with eveyone but as for your first t`s i wouldnt recomend slings as they can be harder to keep and succesfully raise to adult hood, also some spec tend to be very very slow growing and as a result you may not have anything you can reconise as a tarantula for a long time, on the other had it is a great thing to watch them grow.
                I f i was you i would get some large juvs or sub adults so that you can have something to look at to keep you interesed and learn more, hope this helps.
                paul

Comment

Originally posted by Ulwembu
                  I suppose you mean spelling mistakes in their own collection? The names on these website are the official spelling of the scientific names to date.
                  It wasn’t meant to be taken seriously – At the end of the day is a huge document full of scientific names most of which I wouldn’t even attempt to pronounce and we are all human so thought that maybe there were one or two typo's?

Comment

sorry for the double posting
                    Member of DEARGE

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Telford
                      sorry
                      For?

Comment

Working...
                      X