Heteroscodra maculata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heteroscodra maculata

I was browsing the internet to see if I could find any local Tararantula dealers.. to save on shipping for my next t.. and well.. I found a petshop close by that had a website..... it had a decent selection of Tarantulas.. ( A lot better than the same 3 t's i see in every petco here!).. and it had the H. maculata listed.. and under description it said "NOT A TARANTULA" - beautiulf spider.. not to be handled with a painful bite, etc.

Well.. I looked up a picture online.. and well it sure looks like a Tarantula to me.
    Also.. on the P. murinus it said "spider" instead of tarantula too.....

Either they are wrong, or I wasn't aware so many spieces in the hobby weren't actually Tarantulas.

Any input ?

Thanks,
    Jeni

Jeni
    Heteroscodra maculata - Pocock, 1899 is of course a tarantula.. Its maybe the petshop is getting little confused as there often called Baboon Spiders!

Regards
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

So, are all spiders named "baboon" not tarantulas ?

- Jeni

Comment

Jeni
        Baboon spider is just a term used for Tarantulas from the African continent..
        Like other terms used such as Earth Tigers - Asian species and Bird eating spiders, large S, American species or the Arboreal ones....

Regards
        Mark

------------------------------------------------------
        Serious Ink tattoo studio -
        Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
        X