Ann and FranK Webb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ann and FranK Webb

As some of you may have seen on the main page. Ann and Frank have decided to retire from active service with the BTS. Both Ann and Frank were instrumental in the founding of the society some 20 years ago and we can safely say that without them at the helm for those twenty years the BTS would not be the society it is today. Ann and Frank will remain honorary members of the society. Ann is of course the author of several books including the "Proper Care of Tarantulas" , a work still sought after today.

On a personal note, it was as a fresh faced youth I met Ann for the first time at Granby Halls Show. She chatted to me and I became a member there and then. The rest is history as they say.

Angela takes over as Secretary and Ann can be safe in the knowledge that she will continue her good work. I am sure Ann and Frank would appreciatte your messages as I know she know can often be found "surfing".

As a thank you for their service and as this is the BTS's 20th year we are considering producing a strictly limited number of the BTS Journal Volume 1 Number 1. Each will be numbered and, hopefully, signed by Ann and Frank. This was origiinally published in 1984 and is a rare chance to see the beginnings of our beloved Society. If you are intersted in a copy they will be available at the BTS Exhibition on May 16th. It is hoped that proceeds from its sale will go towards the Pokey Sancturay.

Good luck to you both and enjoy your retirement.

Your good friends

Ray and Angela
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Ann and Frank, thanks for the past years! It was always great to see you at the show and chat with you. Hopefully you will still go there each year. For the rest, nothing much to add to the kind words of Ray Hale.

I definetely will purchase a copy of the number 1 journal!
    With Regards,
    Thomas Ezendam
    Tilburg, Holland
    Ulwembu Arachnological Survey Group
    British Tarantula Society - European Rep

Comment

FRANK AND ANN WEBB

When we got into the spider hobby early in the 1990's we purchased one tarantula book. 'The Proper Care of Tarantulas' by Ann Webb. This was thumbed more than any other book we ever owned and it was the most brilliant insight into the spider world we could ever have had. I remember a particular photograph of a Pterinochilus murinus that had our eyes on stalks...and we just had to find one. Frank and Ann have done more for the Society that we or almost any of you reading this will ever know. Through good times and bad they have steered our ship and kept it afloat. We wish them all the luck in the world for the future and we will miss them very much. If you are reading this Ann and Frank, we urge you to STAY IN TOUCH and not become strangers to the Society.
      You may be gone, but I can assure you that you will never be forgotten xx
      Carl and Su Portman

Comment

Having not looked at the BTS site for ages (knew I would be tempted to buy something, which at the moment I have no space for) I was sad to hear Ann and Frank will be retiring. My introduction to keeping tarantulas was meeting Ann at a BTS stall at of all places crufts dog show!! too many years ago to remember. I wish them all the best, and hope they continue to have many more happy tarantula keeping years, and a well deserved rest.

Comment

Working...
        X