Peru November 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peru November 2006

I have posted these pics on VL and AB but I thought some of you may not have seen them. My wife is from Peru so naturally I get to make several trips there each year. Anyway, this is some highlights from my last trip in November of 2006.

First stop was in a place called Sayan. When walking out of town I found a rock with 2 juvenile Latrodectus geometricus.

This is the typical habitat there, rocky and very very dry.

THE VENOM LISTfor all things venomous

Not really much in Sayan other than a few True Spiders, so we left there after about 3 hours.

Next stop was in Churin. This area is a little more lush and the scenery is breathtaking.

Comment

The crickets there are HUGE!!!! I know some tarantulas that would love to sink their teeth into one of these LOL

It didsnt take very long until I found a baby scorpion under a rock. Probably a Hadruroides sp

Check this out!!! I finally found a tarantula down here. I have no idea which species it is. Check out the mite on the back leg. And no thats not my cigarette butt in the 2nd pic. The only place I find stuff down here is where there is alot of trash on the ground.

Comment

really nice pics! I wonder what species that true spider is in post #2.
        My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
        Ray Gabriel

Comment

I honestly dont know. Do you know where a person could find info on native Peruvian spp?

Comment

Working...
          X