Cobalt Egg Sac removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobalt Egg Sac removal

There is a lot of differing information on the net reguarding Tarantula egg sac removal so i have decided to post details of one of mine here. I will keep this updated untill they reach a decent size.

This sac was laid on january 15th 2007 The nursery area is kept at 85 degrees and humidity at about 65% I am told the average sac contents should be between 40 an 80 eggs.

I removed the sac 23 days later. Placing all the eggs, slightly above the average at 117, into a small pot which was kept in a cricket tub with damp tissue on the bottom, this kept the humidity up but keeping the damp tissue away from the eggs

After 31 days there is a significant change

Comment

After 37 days i have decided to seperate them all from this sac, yhey are growing very well, and very lively

Comment

So you don't bother with heatmats and such then Steve?????
        spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Hi Mary

I have a nursery area of my tarantula shed that is at a constant 80-85 degrees so i dont feel the need for heatmatts, so far i have had no problems at all keeping more of an ambient temperature rather than a concentrated area temperature, of course this is only the way I do it and you might well find that a different way works for you

Comment

Like I said at Ware, I have a box I keep mine in, I wish I could seal off an area of the bedroom I have them in, I think it could be better. BTW I lost the apophysis eggs, every one, gutted.

Comment

Originally posted by mary walters View Post
              Like I said at Ware, I have a box I keep mine in, I wish I could seal off an area of the bedroom I have them in, I think it could be better. BTW I lost the apophysis eggs, every one, gutted.
              Sory to hear that mary, very sad news, my smaller nusery is made out of a bookcase from b&q with glass doors, i have run a heat cable around the sides on the inside on a stat, this is kept at 80 degrees and has a variance of 3 degrees which i also find very efficent, maybe you could try this idea, i you need any help do let me know

Comment

Thanks Steve, maybe Trev can set something up like it xxxxx

Comment

Working...
                X