Clear All

• girls with beards

...I love the white bearded ones! =

Haplopelma schmidti:

»ARACHNE« – The Journal of the German Arachnology Society

Ornithoctonus hainana:

Comment

And another one with white beard, an (probably) undescribed species from Vietnam:

Comment

Is this "Haplopelma costale"?

Robert

Originally posted by Martin Huber
        And another one with white beard, an (probably) undescribed species from Vietnam:

Comment

Hi Robert,

Originally posted by brgn
          Is this "Haplopelma costale"?
          for some time it was thought to be the true H. costale and labelled so but it is not. The true H. costale sensu Schmidt 1998 is a different species. Here you can see a spiderling of the real H. costale: >>click here<<<.

all the best,
          Martin

Comment

Wasn't the real costale called sp. erewan? When people in Europe tell me they have costale, are they talking about the one in the pictures in this thread, or is it the real one?

Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,

Wasn't the real costale called sp. erewan?
              yep.

When people in Europe tell me they have costale, are they talking about the one in the pictures in this thread, or is it the real one?
              depends to whom you are talking and how up to date he is. In the past there had been three different species labelled as H. costale. But all three are quite rare in the hobby. =
              May I ask who told you that he possess H. costale? Would be interested in these contacts for breeding efforts (there are some asian tarantula enthusiasts who try to establish breeding groups of these species – would be great to know if there are more who are keeping these species).

The one in this thread is from Vietnam and to my knowledge still undescribed. The real H. costale is from Thailand.

all the best,
              Martin

Comment

Do you have any pictures of the third species that have been labelled H. costale? Check your PM for the info you need to get in touch with he who told me about costale. I hope you can establish breeding groups of these wonderful species.

Robert

Comment

Hi,

Do you have any pictures of the third species that have been labelled H. costale?
                  yep, but no photos I made so can't post them here (copyright and so).

Check your PM for the info you need to get in touch with he who told me about costale.
                  thanks!

all the best,
                  Martin

Comment

Working...
                  X